What happens to the aggro from Enflame?

DougGraves

Electrical Affinity does not help someone take the alpha, so I was thinking of taking Spirit Ward to help turn a brute/scrapper into a tanker when we don't have one.

I then see Enflame.  Brutes and scrappers do not hold aggro like a tanker, so I was wondering if Enflame would draw aggro to the ally I put it on, does it draw aggro to me?  Or does it just have no aggro?

3 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

Electrical Affinity does not help someone take the alpha, so I was thinking of taking Spirit Ward to help turn a brute/scrapper into a tanker when we don't have one.

I then see Enflame.  Brutes and scrappers do not hold aggro like a tanker, so I was wondering if Enflame would draw aggro to the ally I put it on, does it draw aggro to me?  Or does it just have no aggro?

It creates a patch which I assume would draw aggro to you like any other patch. But it’s certainly not going to taunt; I can’t think of any experience where it clearly got me killed or anything so I wouldn’t worry much about it.

19 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

The aggros go to the player who cast enflame. That's why you should always cast it on someone with a taunt aura.

It will also cause scatter if the target of the enflame does not have a taunt aura.

I know this because I have a defender build sonic/sonic that uses enflame. 

Sonic: Disruption Field has the same aggro effect for example, but does not cause scatter, because it does no damage.

I learned this the hard way, by following the tank too close and taking fire because the taunt kicked after the initial ticks of enflame and Disruption Field.

Still a nice power just don't crowd the anchor.

13 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

Okay, so I can't drop it on a scrapper and have them hold aggro in an area around them.  Too bad.

The Scrapper is going to hold aggro with its AoE’s far more than baby Enflame ticks will draw them to you, and half of the Scrappers have taunt auras. I think you’re still getting the desired effect here??

Also not sure why you think Brutes don’t hold aggro.

Edited by arcane

7 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

The aggros go to the player who cast enflame. That's why you should always cast it on someone with a taunt aura.

It will also cause scatter if the target of the enflame does not have a taunt aura.

I know this because I have a defender build sonic/sonic that uses enflame. 

Sonic: Disruption Field has the same aggro effect for example, but does not cause scatter, because it does no damage.

I learned this the hard way, by following the tank too close and taking fire because the taunt kicked after the initial ticks of enflame and Disruption Field.

Still a nice power just don't crowd the anchor.

Enflame doesn’t scatter things anymore. Its fear was removed.

I put it on Kins or whatever all the time.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1

Spirit Ward is worth the price of admission, in fact, invest power choices in any Sorcery pool power and I believe you won't be disappointed. Past tweaks by the HC team has made it one of the best pool powersets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

Experience

Well, considering “tiny baby Enflame tick will out-aggro Brute taunt aura and punchvoke” is at least a little bit counterintuitive, maybe go get some “experience” with Enflame and report back. If the mechanics aren’t even working as intended for you, I don’t see what we could tell you here that will help.

I love the new Sorcery pool, especially Spirit Ward and Enflame. Does that help?