Windows: Find your Mouse Cursor Fast

There is a relatively new FREE tool built by Microsoft that is awesome.   Shake your cursor (like a Mac) and It dims your entire screen (or screens) except for a circle around your mouse.  This will help a lot of people, especially dual or tri-boxers.  It is not an addon built specifically for COH, but for Windows in general.  I know there are some addons you can use to change the cursors in game and there is a way to make your mouse blink in windows by hitting control.    This is much better than the windows tool and can work together with the built in cursors.  The tool comes with additional useful windows features like a snap-to window grid.

Direct Link

Article with Screenshots

Edited by zenijos10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

There's a Really old generic mouse trick that you can activate that pulses circles around the cursor at the press of a key. It's in the basic windows mouse control panel.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

12 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

There's a Really old generic mouse trick that you can activate that pulses circles around the cursor at the press of a key. It's in the basic windows mouse control panel.

Yes, that's what I meant when I said you can make your mouse blink by hitting control.  Regardless, with multiple screens and lots of actions I lose my cursor often and the pulsing circles don't really help.   This tool darkens all screens except for a small circle around my mouse.  Much better!

On 4/15/2022 at 9:41 AM, zenijos10 said:

Yes, that's what I meant when I said you can make your mouse blink by hitting control.  Regardless, with multiple screens and lots of actions I lose my cursor often and the pulsing circles don't really help.   This tool darkens all screens except for a small circle around my mouse.  Much better!

Hmm, that Would be quite the difference. IDK, except for work, I've only ever used one screen, so my exposure is limited.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)