Queue is not helpful when you wait 3 hours, select toon, and fail DB server

OrionX

Dear Team,

I am grateful for what you have done.

While I appreciate the new queue feature.  It needs some fixing.

Queuing is not helpful when you wait 3 hours, select toon, try and enter the game and then fail to connect to DB server to be booted to login screen and thrown back to position 2400 in queue.

There needs to be a better process.

Thanks for all of your efforts.

Honestly, this looks like the end of the server forever.

No chance a lot of people will hang around when you bottleneck the server into only 1k people.

I doubt there's a single person that would choose 2+ hour queue over lag. Even the crashing wasn't as bad as this.

If the admins are listening: Remove the queue or get the queue below 500 - before it's too late.

Hate to say it, but you could be right. It would be both sad and a bit ironic if this valiant endeavor were killed by being too popular. But other than scaling up to meet demand, I don't see a way of solving it. I can only hope smarter minds than my own are on the case.

Not sure why you're being so negative. You are trying to play an illegally operating game for free and complaining? Smh. Be glad you're even able to and hope that they see the interests and open live servers that we can pay to play. Until then, keep your negativity to yourself.

I'm perfectly happy to wait in line for even a moment back in Paragon City. If certain parties decide to axe the whole project when I'm at 5 in line, then that's the balliwick.

At the end of the day, the fact the game is even briefly back is astounding.

I'm perfectly happy to wait in line for even a moment back in Paragon City. If certain parties decide to axe the whole project when I'm at 5 in line, then that's the balliwick.

At the end of the day, the fact the game is even briefly back is astounding.

I have to agree.

Literally - there's a piece of art hanging on the side of my bed.  Two characters from the game walking hand in hand by the Atlas statue.  Those characters belong to myself and my wife, whom I first met standing on South Rock waiting for a Hami raid.  She and I remade our characters last night, and even though we're a whopping lvl 4 each, just running the two characters together for the first time in so many years was enough to illicit tears.  This game has had a singularly significant impact on my life, and I am more than willing to wait to play it again.

You are trying to play an illegally operating game for free and complaining?

Staying quiet won't fix anything. They need to ask for donations and fix the population issue.

I'm perfectly happy to wait in line for even a moment back in Paragon City.

That'd be fine, if the server didn't crash as well. At least in Vanilla WoW, they had a queue protection system in place.

That'd be fine, if the server didn't crash as well. At least in Vanilla WoW, they had a queue protection system in place.

Vanilla WoW was also a professional business server set up, in which keeping the customers happy was paramount to remaining fiscally solvent with a brand new game.

This is a volunteer/fan effort to revive a game 6+ years gone.

Vanilla WoW was also a professional business server set up, in which keeping the customers happy was paramount to remaining fiscally solvent with a brand new game.

This is a volunteer/fan effort to revive a game 6+ years gone.

I meant Vanilla WoW Private server. Paid for out of pocket by a decade old community.

They had a system setup so that if you get disconnected, you had 10 minutes to get back ingame and skip queue.

Without it, consider this server dead if people keep crashing.

I got to share this game with my son, something I never thought I was going to be able to do.

So if I have to wait to play, so be it. I wasn't even sure I'd get the chance to play period.

Well Said! Thank You! Exactly! My All-Time Favorite game is back, i can play it when i get on, and its FREE to boot! So If you complaining yahoo's think you can do better, they will be sharing the code, go build your own server and play until your nose bleeds!

Other than that, stuff your negativity because its as useless as you are right now! Oh Yeah, and they DID have a Queue on the Original Servers, you just hardly saw it until Double XP Weekend...guess what weekend it is now.

Listen its understandable that the server are being a little strained, but this Que thing is ridiculous wait time from 2 to 5 hrs. Are you out of your mind. Like seriously????

I started play COH from day 1 of Beta testing and even then there was no Que crap, again yes i know there's only 2 server but something need to give one way or another.

I got to share this game with my son, something I never thought I was going to be able to do.

"Daddy, why are we back in the 3 hour queue? I want to play!"

"Sorry son, server crashed again. For some reason they didn't ask for donations."

I just sat in queue for like 2hrs and 15mins, and played for almost exactly 2.5hrs, and the game just turned right off, went right back to desktop.

The game runs FLAWLESSLY, which is amazing considering the servers have been a little bit of a mess lately with the huge influx of people (understandably, for sure).

That being said, I think there's no reason why the servers can't be maxed out at 3,000 players instead of 2,000. It'll severely lower the queue times, and in my opinion might be enough to save people from getting discouraged and just not playing because half the game is waiting to get in. A few other players as well as myself from the discord server: "City of Heroes", agree that the servers would be much better off at 3,000 player cap with a little lag, than having 2,000 to 3,000 players sitting around waiting, for hours.

I just sat in queue for like 2hrs and 15mins, and played for almost exactly 2.5hrs, and the game just turned right off, went right back to desktop.

The game runs FLAWLESSLY, which is amazing considering the servers have been a little bit of a mess lately with the huge influx of people (understandably, for sure).

That being said, I think there's no reason why the servers can't be maxed out at 3,000 players instead of 2,000. It'll severely lower the queue times, and in my opinion might be enough to save people from getting discouraged and just not playing because half the game is waiting to get in. A few other players as well as myself from the discord server: "City of Heroes", agree that the servers would be much better off at 3,000 player cap with a little lag, than having 2,000 to 3,000 players sitting around waiting, for hours.

If it keeps running smoothly maybe they will bump it up by 500 and see how it goes.  They need to find the sweet spot.

Devs close this thread, its just full of useless whining from people who have ZERO initiative/ability to go and create their own server and can't help you make anything one iota better than what it is now!

2004 to 2019, you would think the kids/adults that played then would have matured at least 5 more minutes. If you are all such GOD-LIKE programmers, when they release the Code, go and build your own server.

Shouldn't be too hard for geniuses like you right? Naaawwww, it will be a SNAP to debug millions of lines of code by yourself! Go For It!! Ridiculous!

Like I posted in a separate thread...

"I just waited near 3 hours to get on.. and automatically was booted upon loading into Kings.

I know this is still in the beginning stages, and there are kinks that needs to be ironed out.

I do appreciate all the hard work, and at times, aggravation this project has caused to the host of this blessing.

Real life has to rear it's ugly head and we have to step away from the game, but, just a little frustrating wanting to get some game time in, and the moment you log in after waiting for 3+ hours, you are automatically

DC'd back to login screen.

But a journey begins with a single step, so may it be smooth steps in the future."

Upset? Yes, but in time, I know things will get smoother on here.

Be thankful for what we got, because we could not have it anymore.

Blessings.

James.

Blessings.

Finally got some free time to play!  Waited several hours in que.  Made a character, played 2 missions and Map Server Disconnect.  Got back into que, had to quit because it's just too late.

Extremely grateful that we can play CoH again, here's to hoping that it will all smooth out in the near future.