Destroyer of Despair Didn't Award

Marine X

When I went through the Dark Astoria Arcs I was extremely careful to make sure I did what was required for all of the badges for DoD. Just realized it didn't award. I rescued Hopp in Heather's Mission and later activated his TP in the Dream Doctor's mission but didn't notice that the badge didn't award till now. Is there any way, other than completely rerunning all the DA Arcs to get the Buddy Cop Badge?

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Ooo, I hate it when that happens.  The only way to get it would be to run the arcs again through Ouro.  But sometimes badges award without it being flashed on the screen.  And I think that badge just appears when you complete the arc/mission - not when you rescue him (I can't remember).  But before you spend all that time re-running arcs... take a few mins to Triple Check your badge list:

Buddy Cop is an Achievement (not an Accolade or Accomplishment as some people might think).  It's about halfway down the list (if you have a lot).  It's between "Lone Wolf" and "Incarnate Rival" which are right before the Apex / Tin Mage / Incarnate trial badges.  

If it's not there, you'll have to re-run the arcs, sadly.  (And then you should post this issue in the Bug Report section.)

Good luck!

Edited by Frozen Burn

Already checked and it's listed in Achievements as in progress but did not award when I completed the 2nd encounter and then completed the ARC, there are so many badges in that ARC i didn't notice at the time it failed to award. Rerunning all the DA content to get a Badge I have already earned, not sure I'm up for that. I wonder if I can just run Heather Townsend and then run Dream Doctor? That wouldn't be so repetitive as I just finished it a week or so ago.

Marine X

1 hour ago, Marine X said:

Already checked and it's listed in Achievements as in progress but did not award when I completed the 2nd encounter and then completed the ARC, there are so many badges in that ARC i didn't notice at the time it failed to award. Rerunning all the DA content to get a Badge I have already earned, not sure I'm up for that. I wonder if I can just run Heather Townsend and then run Dream Doctor? That wouldn't be so repetitive as I just finished it a week or so ago.

Correct, you should only have to run HT's and DD's arcs... NOT all of them inbetween.  Although, since you have progress towards it... you MIGHT be able to just run DD's arc and get it.  But if not, then you'd have to go back and run both.  

Edited by Frozen Burn

He appears in Heather's, Praetor Duncan's, and Dream Doctor's arcs.

In Duncan's arc, last mission when you're heading to defeat Diabolique, he's at the end of a branch.

edit: Interesting that is not noted in the hcwiki.  I have a char just starting incarnates and I'll skip that rescue to check.

Edited by lemming
hcwiki check

Running Heather Townsend's and the Dream Doctor's ARCs through Ouroboros, rescuing him in HT's mission 2 and Activating his TP in DD's mission 6, awarded me both the "Buddy Cop" and "Destroyer of Despair" Badges. I am certain I did both when I originally ran them, but it's fixed now, NEXT...

Marine X

If you do missions cooperatively you won't get credit for either the Hopp or Belarosa rescues if the mission selected is a teammate's and completing them cooperatively in tandem.  That's what I've found to be the cause of why I wouldn't get Buddy Cop and/or Incarnate Rival.  Ever since I figured out I needed to rescue them only one time each before the Dream Doctor's penultimate mission, I've never had a problem with those badges awarding.  So even if I had done the DA arc cooperatively, I'd make sure to get a solo Heather done where I completed both of those objectives.

Edited by Hedgefund

I was soloing during all of the Dark Astoria content, so who knows why it didn't award. The description appeared in Badges "Closest to Completion" but didn't award after the 2nd rescue. No idea why. Fixed by rerunning them.

• Like 1

Marine X