Personal Tailor

What about a personal tailor, maybe tied to the Fashion Victim accolade?

Practical effect: summon a costume creator screen -- it can or no follow you, like the invention accolade that allows you to craft wherever you are.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

31 minutes ago, Fermmoylle said:

What about a personal tailor, maybe tied to the Fashion Victim accolade?

Practical effect: summon a costume creator screen -- it can or no follow you, like the invention accolade that allows you to craft wherever you are.

I could see gaining a temp power that summons something like a clothes rack, which you can interact with like a tailor.  My only concern is that I can spend a lot of time in the tailor, so the summoned entity would have to remain available for a good while, at least...

• Like 2

They've turned every trainer into a tailor. Every SG has access to 2 different tailor NPCs at no cost and with no requirements other than having a free base.. At least blue side, there are multiple tailor offices. So there are LOTS of places to work on your costume. So that leaves me with two questions:

1) Why would this even be needed considering how accessible tailor functions are?

2) What would be the recharge of this accolade power?

Given the investment required to get the Fashion Victim, I can see tying this benefit to it, I'm just wondering why. Explain your reasoning please. Sell this idea.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rudra said:

1) Why would this even be needed considering how accessible tailor functions are?

I view it as more of a "cool to have" than a "need to have".

15 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Most of the other accolade powers are like, what, 30 mins or 1 hr...

4 hours ago, biostem said:

I could see gaining a temp power that summons something like a clothes rack, which you can interact with like a tailor.  My only concern is that I can spend a lot of time in the tailor, so the summoned entity would have to remain available for a good while, at least...

The IO crafting table doesn't stay in the world for very long, but once you have the window open, you can continue crafting even after it disappears.  The tailor window could function similarly, and stay open even after the coatrack disappears from the world.

• Thumbs Up 2

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

4 hours ago, Rudra said:

Was more hoping to get @Fermmoylle to give a response and expand on the idea. Pitching a suggestion is like trying to get a business to pick up your product proposal and market it. You have to sell the pitch to them. So was trying to get @Fermmoylle to provide more.

Sometimes i’ll be in a mission and realize i forgot to re-color one of my powers or a costume piece. Would rather summon a tailor, fix it, and do the rest of the mission than exit, find a tailor, catch back up to my team. 

That’s one example of why i’d support this suggestion. I don’t see any reason why we can’t make all NPC menus more accessible. Auction House, Crafting Tables… why not Tailors?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's frustrating that the one person I am trying to get to engage and fill out their suggestion is the one person not giving me these answers. I am not opposed to the idea. I am not even arguing against the idea. I am trying to get the poster to devote themselves to actually selling his/her/their suggestion.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I am not sure this idea Needs to be sold.

Do you need a portable crafting table. Nope, not all.

You can craft at any university,  and with the /ah command you can have the auction house window open and buy/sell.

With the Long Range Teleporter(and also P2W powers), you have access to your base where you can craft easily.

But .... is nice to have a portable. And I have earned it on at least one character.

Also cool to see.

I am down for something like this for costume. 

Maybe you earn it ....but how.

/e poofgone

10 hours ago, Rudra said:

It's frustrating that the one person I am trying to get to engage and fill out their suggestion is the one person not giving me these answers. I am not opposed to the idea. I am not even arguing against the idea. I am trying to get the poster to devote themselves to actually selling his/her/their suggestion.

It may sound strange to you, but -- gasp! -- I do have a life outside the game. This means I may not be available at request to reply to you when you demand. Luckily, this is a forum, not a chat feed, so messages have permanency and can be checked at a later hour.

But, let me explain to you why I'm replying so late to this. I hope you understand and forgive me for not being here when you expected.

My post was made at 8h54pm, yesterday, about 16 hours ago. I was sleepy. Next thing I did was to hit the bed.

I woke up, went to work, and now that I'm having a lull at my workday, I'm replying to you.

Is this acceptable? Shouldn't it be, I'll refrain from using the forum in order to not disturb anyone else.

Having said that, let me focus on your questions.

16 hours ago, Rudra said:

Costumes are more a RP need than anything else. Considering that one would be forced to break a scene to hunt for a Tailor or a Trainer, having the request on demand would make things easier. I could be in a base, away from the cluster of trainers and, may need to walk half a base to reach one. Or I could be in Dark Astoria and move the whole map for that (or warp to a base with a tailor and return). Or even during a mission, perhaps, if you notice how garish you colored your buff powers and everyone is complaining they are too bright.

So, needed? Not really. Convenient? A lot. 

16 hours ago, Rudra said:

I'd risk 5 minutes, same as the Crafting Table (iirc). Maybe you just finished editing and noticed that bug that gives you shoulder pieces or tails on other outfits, even if you were there just to color your powers, so having a big cooldown could be detrimental.

And, as the Crafting Table, it could be something that remain in game for the whole 5 minutes, and can be used by someone else.

Bonus (jokingly): it could have a huge aggro range and low HP, so we could send Serge to die every time we remember he criticized our costume in that Costume Mission, and have a little revenge.

Any other questions?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ideas always have to be sold. Unless a dev comes up with the idea and implements it, you need to convince a dev that your suggestion is worth the time and effort it would take to create, test, and implement.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Fermmoylle said:

It may sound strange to you, but -- gasp! -- I do have a life outside the game. This means I may not be available at request to reply to you when you demand. Luckily, this is a forum, not a chat feed, so messages have permanency and can be checked at a later hour.

But, let me explain to you why I'm replying so late to this. I hope you understand and forgive me for not being here when you expected.

My post was made at 8h54pm, yesterday, about 16 hours ago. I was sleepy. Next thing I did was to hit the bed.

I woke up, went to work, and now that I'm having a lull at my workday, I'm replying to you.

Is this acceptable? Shouldn't it be, I'll refrain from using the forum in order to not disturb anyone else.

Having said that, let me focus on your questions.

Costumes are more a RP need than anything else. Considering that one would be forced to break a scene to hunt for a Tailor or a Trainer, having the request on demand would make things easier. I could be in a base, away from the cluster of trainers and, may need to walk half a base to reach one. Or I could be in Dark Astoria and move the whole map for that (or warp to a base with a tailor and return). Or even during a mission, perhaps, if you notice how garish you colored your buff powers and everyone is complaining they are too bright.

So, needed? Not really. Convenient? A lot. 

I'd risk 5 minutes, same as the Crafting Table (iirc). Maybe you just finished editing and noticed that bug that gives you shoulder pieces or tails on other outfits, even if you were there just to color your powers, so having a big cooldown could be detrimental.

And, as the Crafting Table, it could be something that remain in game for the whole 5 minutes, and can be used by someone else.

Bonus (jokingly): it could have a huge aggro range and low HP, so we could send Serge to die every time we remember he criticized our costume in that Costume Mission, and have a little revenge.

Any other questions?

Thank you for the response. Maybe be a little less defensive next time. When I address a post, as written immediately after that post as often as I can, I am addressing that person unless I make comments referencing the OP. My comment that I was frustrated you were not the one responding was because after having posted that my questions were aimed at you to get you to sell an idea I was not opposed to, others were still jumping in to sell your idea for you. Apologies for any confusion.

• Confused 1

On 5/5/2022 at 1:12 PM, Rudra said:

Thank you for the response. Maybe be a little less defensive next time. When I address a post, as written immediately after that post as often as I can, I am addressing that person unless I make comments referencing the OP. My comment that I was frustrated you were not the one responding was because after having posted that my questions were aimed at you to get you to sell an idea I was not opposed to, others were still jumping in to sell your idea for you. Apologies for any confusion.

Try DM-ing the OP if you want a tailored, personal response.  They don't owe you anything, and you have no grounds to become indignant that they don't respond to you in a manner you see fit.  This is  FORUM, NOT a private conservation...

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is that how it read to everyone? Apologies. I did not feel indignant. Nor was I trying to portray that feeling. My frustration was in that after I had asked for the poster to sell the idea, after I had said my questions were for the original poster, others were speaking on his/her/their behalf. My intent was to get the original poster to give more data for the OP. To give something for the devs, should any read the thread, to consider implementing the suggestion.

I apologize if I came across as demanding, indignant, or anything else.

3 minutes ago, Rudra said:

My frustration was in that after I had asked for the poster to sell the idea, after I had said my questions were for the original poster, others were speaking on his/her/their behalf.

The OP does not owe you a response, FULL STOP.  I ONLY speak for myself.  An OP is fully within their right to post a topic and NEVER return to it.  The devs are the ones that can make a determination as to whether they want to implement something or not, even if all that is present is a raw suggestion...

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later

Only under this condition

1. New badge called "Taylor Made" is added

2. Badge confers a temp power where a blonde with a guitar pops out of a television VERY SWIFTLY, the costume NPC

3. Every costume change you try while in the CC screen causes her to belt out a random sonic blast sound and play that guitar

4. Civies begin running amok near her

I would yes vote this 

• Haha 1