Are there any Scrapper builds that can solo AVs and GMs?

meowkittyface

Hey everyone! I've really only been able to play my SS/WP Brute since Homecoming launched because I'm in love with the playstyle. However, it just can't seem to solo AVs or GMs (too little damage to counter the regen). 

Are there any Scrapper builds you have that can accomplish this? And would also be fun for general 54/x8 solo or group content? Thanks!

• Like 1

As @SomeGuy indicated, most combinations can work, Leveraging -res and -regen is key while dishing out good damage.

As with your same post in Brutes, I'd point you to the following thread. Probably more valuable read if you wanna take on big targets than we'd provide in a single post here.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

AVs are typically easier than GMs, and most decent builds should have no issue on an average AV. GMs you'll need some decent way to break their Regen and whittle down that HP pool. 

Whatever you do, don't try and solo GM_Bot, she straight up uses hacks, gave herself Freem in Galaxy City and has capped resistances/defense/HP and debuff resistances.

• Haha 1

If you want to have a go at AVs with your current SS/WP Brute, and are not against a couple specific picks, running the Ageless Destiny with a Gloom -> Haymaker -> KO Blow -> Gloom -> Haymaker -> Foot Stomp attack chain should let you take out at least level 50 AVs without too much trouble. The temp Recovery Serum and/or a Cardiac Alpha slot can make up for Ageless Destiny if you don't have that unlocked yet.

There's many further optimizations you could make if you want to take out level 54 AVs. Efficient slotting including procs, general build optimisation... Just letting you it is possible with your character, if you're in love with it!

GMs, especially level 50 GMs, are pretty hard for most meleers no matter what. Most Brutes or Scrappers will need to use Lore pets, or have the patience of a saint.

Like everyone says, all Scrappers can destroy AVs. For maximum destruction, top tier Scrapper builds for AV/GM soloing (and arguably, in general) tend to use the /bio secondary, with /shield as a worthy alternate. EM/ and Rad/ are efficient AV hunting primaries thanks to their high damage potential, good self-healing options and relatively less resisted damage type.

I flew up to Monster Island and took out one of the 50+ GMs in 5 or 6 minutes with Angel Hornet's EnM/Ena 801 build.  That build is extremely armor heavy and only running 400 dps.  An offensive variant of that should run 600+ dps and maybe even 700 dps.   I would think most scrappers can hit 400 dps on a full offensive build.   If you toss in Lore too, then you could get by with as little as 250 dps, add 250 dps for the lore, ... and you'll drop them in less than 5 minutes (offensive T4 lore duration, assuming one of the top tier Lore choices).

This more or less translates to:

Any Tier 4 IO Tier 4 Incarnate on a full offensive build: Scrapper, Stalker, ... Brutes will be borderline without Lore (some yes, some no)

with Lore: add Brutes to the list, and Tanks will be borderline (some yes, most no)

Edited by Linea

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

1 hour ago, Linea said:

I flew up to Monster Island and took out one of the 50+ GMs in 5 or 6 minutes with Angel Hornet's EnM/Ena 801 build.  That build is extremely armor heavy and only running 400 dps.  An offensive variant of that should run 600+ dps and maybe even 700 dps.   I would think most scrappers can hit 400 dps on a full offensive build.   If you toss in Lore too, then you could get by with as little as 250 dps, add 250 dps for the lore, ... and you'll drop them in less than 5 minutes (offensive T4 lore duration, assuming one of the top tier Lore choices).

This more or less translates to:

Any Tier 4 IO Tier 4 Incarnate on a full offensive build: Scrapper, Stalker, ... Brutes will be borderline without Lore (some yes, some no)

with Lore: add Brutes to the list, and Tanks will be borderline (some yes, most no)

Would you happen to have this build handy?

1 hour ago, meowkittyface said:

Would you happen to have this build handy?

• Like 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.