Mortician Day Job, Striga

RikOz

Just ran across this today.

Two separate characters (so far) today, logged out for 14 days each in the Striga graveyard, standing in the water (one of the "ponds" in the middle of the cemetary), received no progress, at all, toward the "Mortician" day job badge. The Mortician day job icon was showing, indicating these characters were logged out in the appropriate location.

Other characters, also working toward Mortician, but logged out standing on the grass or on the roof of a mausoleum, have been awarded the Mortician badge.

It appears that, for whatever reason, logging out standing in the water doesn't grant progress.

When I use Striga for the Mortician day job, I always park my character on top of the mausoleum just NW of the base portal. I always make sure that, when I'm logging out a character for a day job, that the icon for the day job appears in the character's buff bar before logging out.

8 hours ago, srmalloy said:

When I use Striga for the Mortician day job, I always park my character on top of the mausoleum just NW of the base portal. I always make sure that, when I'm logging out a character for a day job, that the icon for the day job appears in the character's buff bar before logging out.

Same about standing on the mausoleum.

But I often see the opposite regarding the day job icon showing up - mainly in First Ward.  Logging out almost anywhere in the zone gets you the Scavenger badge but the icon very often does NOT show up.  But when I log back in days later, I get the badge.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

10 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Yup, I check for the icon as well.

Just logged in a third alt that had been standing in the graveyard water for 14 days. Same thing, no badge.

I reported a similar problem a couple years ago with AE buildings - if you're on the upper floor where the portal is, you can't stand up against the windows. You have to stand a couple yards back from the window for the Architect icon to appear. More recently I've noticed that the icon doesn't appear if you're on the ground floor.

In Pocket D, the Clubber icon disappears if you go out to the Ski Chalet, and doesn't reappear when you come back inside to the dance floor. But for that one, you still get the day job progress.

16 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

Can't you also use DA?

Dark Astoria is a different badge.    (Though maybe Echo: Dark Astoria?)

And in First Ward, the cemetery there gives Mortician.  I used to use that one all the time since that was the drop off point from the base portal, now in the survivor compound.

2 hours ago, lemming said:

Dark Astoria is a different badge.    (Though maybe Echo: Dark Astoria?)

And in First Ward, the cemetery there gives Mortician.  I used to use that one all the time since that was the drop off point from the base portal, now in the survivor compound.

might be echo

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!