Singularity Slotting Tips?

Ravarex

In building my Gravity/Psi/Ice Dom, I wanted to reach out and ask if anyone had any special insight:

Can Singularity take the Ascendancy of the Dominator set since it’s a control orientated pet( I’d love to squeeze a second go at the 2nd and 3rd bonuses of this set with Singy getting the Acc and Hold/Immobilize)?

Does the Knockback to Knockdown from Sudden Acceleration cause its repel to pin mobs to the floor endlessly?

…Or is only good for an Endoplasm Exposure (+Acc, +Hold & Immobilize) and call it a day? I think it has good enough resistances that with its holds and inherent repel it wouldn’t benefit much from the +Resistance  enhancements (or do these make it unkillable?)

A common way of slotting singularity seems to be 4 pieces from the expedient reinforcement set, for the set recharge bonus, and to put the sudden acceleration knockback-to-knockdown IO in the fifth slot. 

Singy does a noticeable amount of damage, which makes damage-based pet sets potentially more appealing than control sets. It shouldn't necessarily kill your build to go either way, though. 

Not sure whether it's good to put the Ascendancy set into Singy or not. If the +damage proc IO in that set would only buff Singy while slotting in Singy, then you can probably find a better place for that set (or at least for the +damage proc IO). If Singy can trigger the +damage proc IO in the Ascendancy set for your dom, then it could be more appealing. 

Singularity doesn't take Dominator ATO sets. While the KB>KD is useful, I went with all 6 pieces of Expedient Reinforcement for the additional ranged defense. The additional 10% resistance does make it pretty tanky. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I usually go with x4 Expedient Reinforcement or Call to Arms x1 Sudden Acceleration KB to KD. You can throw the purple proc in there too if you want, but it's not critical.

x6 Exped Reinforcement is fine if you don't mind his knockback and need Ranged Defense.

I slot four Expedient Reinforcements including the pet resist proc, a Sudden Acceleration kb>kd and any pet damage acc/dam IO. 

I have a patron pet slotted with the Sovereign Right resist proc also. Singy has pretty good resistance numbers already and these two procs get him around scrapper levels of resistance to most damage types.   He is pretty tough without the added resists but I opted to slot them. 

He is tough enough that if you aren't chasing recharge bonuses, you could slot pet damage IOs instead of the recharge intensive ones.  The kb>kd proc keeps him from flinging enemies around. Which is a good thing.  

Edited by TNT
Added more info

Thanks for the feedback - Does +Range increase the range of a slotted pets (ranged) attacks or just the range the player character can summon pets from? (I notice MM pets without ranged attacks like regular wolves from Beast Mastery can't take +Range)

24 minutes ago, Ravarex said:

Thanks for the feedback - Does +Range increase the range of a slotted pets (ranged) attacks or just the range the player character can summon pets from? (I notice MM pets without ranged attacks like regular wolves from Beast Mastery can't take +Range)

I only checked Singularity. Slotting a range enhancement only changed the casting range for me.  Checking the combat attributes showed no change in range for the entity.  

• Thumbs Up 2