AoE/Cone range/radius/arc auras

What I'd love to see is both an always on and an in-combat aura, which comes in a variety of options.  Basically, it'd be a simple effect consisting of multiple concentric circles around your character, representing the typical radii of powers, (8', 12', etc), as well as variations which include emanating lines to match the typical cones, (30 degrees, 45 degrees, 90 degrees, 120 degrees, etc).  These could be tintable, and perhaps in "flat" or "glowing" options.  I think this would be a great way to help players position themselves and to get a better idea of the sense of scale within the game, or to just look cool!  Your thoughts?

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Twilight Grasp routinely misses my minions even when they are literally right next to me, so I don't need to see an aura measuring the distance to let me know they are in range of my heal. I can see the utility of such an aura for power planning though.  So even though I won't be using it, I'm not going to vote against this since others may want the utility. So, sure. Go for it.

(Edit: Twilight Grasp comment made as an example. I'm sufficiently used to the powers I take that I know when my targets are in range. ... maybe I should start a thread asking for MM heals to actually consistently affect pets....)

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't mind such an aura. The way you described it reminds me of the aura main characters have in Warcraft. But something simple that quickly visualises scale and distance would be appreciated. Another related suggestion might be the visualisation of the actual cone/arc so that we know if the bugger on the left falls in the cone or not.

• Thumbs Up 1