Monterey post-installation issues

WanderingAries

I'll probably end up editing this a billion times as I'm in the middle of a thousand things at once, but here's what's happened so far with this "New to Me" Mac and Monterey. Note: For me, this is not even a priority, I'm just posting as whatever the solution is, it may help others.

So basically, I installed the launcher/game just fine (very quick and easy), but it got weird when I loaded the game. On my first attempt, I got the login screen, but it absolutely would Not allow me to type. I could quite easily interact with it otherwise, but it would Not let me type. I poked at the on-screen settings and also noticed that the manual graphics slider didn't show the full range of screen dimensions (IE: It didn't show 1920x1080, etc). I could choose the native windowed/windowless, but the game wasn't seeing the 3k+ pixels this screen appears to have. Lastly, once I closed the game, that's the last time I could open it as I'm not only getting a crash handler page (see below). I've closed the launcher and tried again a few times, but same thing.

1716425284_ScreenShot2022-06-24at1_00_24AM.thumb.png.e340b880c052c9ee1ac5d1d409d1eee4.png

I plan on reinstalling the game/launcher, but I've yet to see this popup before and it comes up prior to me even getting the login screen as before.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I'm running on this Mac:

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

And I fixed that right up! Or at least figured out how to undo what I'd done.

I had made a few tweaks in the settings like autoupdate, inactivefps, etc, but I'd also touched something related to Hardware Acceleration for some reason. IDK why I did, but that's what caused the error. So here's how to fix it when you do this exact thing.

The thing I touched: (I had removed the check and not restarted the Mac yet)

1501537531_ScreenShot2022-06-24at2_33_01AM.thumb.png.abdd2493bcb694b287d431084deda698.png

Open the folder shown:

910663211_ScreenShot2022-06-24at2_39_47AM.png.09374abe38d570cd4e682bbdddd384f2.png

Open the File Indicated:

1378499393_ScreenShot2022-06-24at2_40_00AM.thumb.png.45b399059a6c63fc2d86716f54a1d6fa.png

Change the entry: (True means checked, False means unchecked)

1993939424_ScreenShot2022-06-24at2_42_02AM.thumb.png.6df23c32804c7c75cf307dc4ffe62d84.png