Crimson - hero contact - question about story arc vs. missions

Sanxion

Good day,

some of my characters have Crimson as story arc and some as missions.

Can anybody tell me why?

Is it because iam magic and not mutation like him?

Or is it that i contact him in the past while i have more than 4 story arcs actvie?

Thanks for an answer,

Sanxion

For reference, Crimson's page on the Unofficial HC Wiki.

Crimson has a story arc (World Wide Red) and several missions that aren't part of that arc.  When you talk to him, he randomly gives either a standalone mission or the first mission of his arc.  (I think this is the way with most contacts, except some contacts either have only the arc or have missions flagged for a particular order.)

Also, the Wiki lists the arc as level 49-50, one of his missions as 46-50, and the contact as 45-50.  If you're 45-48 he won't give the arc but he will give other missions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey Sanx =). The same is true once you've finished his arc. you'll still have him as a contact and will still give you missions if he still has them for you. Similarly, other contacts behave this way while you're in their level range. Some have repeatable missions, some badge missions (a single mission that awards a badge) some don't. Once you've out-leveled them, you still get to finish arcs (with book icons next to your contacts) you're currently doing for them, for example Operative Wellman caps at level 19. But if you start the arc at 19, you can still continue the 3-part mission arc if you're 20 or 21. But if you approach him at level 20 before starting the arc, he'll ignore you even after being introduced by Marshall Brass.

I usually consult the wiki regarding contacts' level ranges and try to start the arc before I out level them. One trick I've noticed when you're in a particular contact's level range is you can accept a side mission, abandon it, and ask about available mission again until you get the arc or badge mission.

• Thumbs Up 2