New Villainous Arc [50343] LF feedback

cranebump

image.png.eea6d566cfbd0fb9527500ccaabac28d.png

image.png.1fa49bede6b7083206e35ce3963c8697.png

Design Notes and testing:

• Ran with a L22 DP/Dev blaster, DO's and SO's (one of my Long Riders). No major issues, but couldn't play dumb, esp. with the customs in mish #1 (damned mercs and their face kicking...).
  • Been wanting to do something concerning the Chain for some time. Seeing as how they got the shit kicked out of them in Vincent Ross arc, the primary question was, okay what now?  Easy peazy: they're rebuilding!
  • Second question was, why would they want to, or even need to hire a villain? Not as easy, but came up with a solution, and let it drive the dynamic between the PC and the Contact. 
  • Mish 4's been a design pain all around. Biggest issue: sequential boss spawns, with boss #2 popping up behind boss #1. I think I fixed this. If not, let me know. I did tag where they're supposed to be (front, middle, back).
  • Might continue this story with a second arc dealing with the main (new) foe in this arc. 
  • Question: where is the Legacy Chain's collar in the costume maker? I couldn't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance,

Crane

• Thanks 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Thank YOU for being such an advocate of AE. You da Supe, TN!

• Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

It's all a matter of perspective.

EDIT.  That sounded like a diss, now that I read it back.  It isn't!  It's all a matter of perspective on who contributes in different ways.

Whew.

Got out of that one!

Edited by Darmian
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• 2 weeks later

Another well written arc. The player is a villain, and the Legacy Chain contact goes on about how distasteful it is to hire you, but eh. Anyway Arachnos is sticking their spidery noses into Legacy business, so we need some info. The player busts into a hideout, steal some dyne to smoke and some doobies to sell, then finds a lead. Or was I supposed to sell the Dyne and... hmm. Maybe that's why Purple Lovin' is looking a bit green this morning. Then we bust in an interrogate more Arachnoses, discover the nefarious plan and steal the Macguffin. It ends in a nicely open-ended ending.

Overall, this is yet another very well written arc, with lots of details and no overpowered mobs. Mission 4 in particular went fine. As usual, minor nitpicks are the level reduction, and it breaks the Ocelot Rule.

In case anyone has been wondering why my review column has been dead for a year, I've pretty much given up on making and reviewing arcs, mostly because there are barely any arcs that aren't farms lately. I made a character on Incelcior a few months ago, and 99% of the chat is "Sitter LF AE plz". Writing story-based arcs for this crowd would be like opening an opera house in Texas.

Being a native Texan (who left years ago), would amend the statement to “anywhere in Texas outside Austin (because Austin isn’t Texas).:-)

Btw, you’re observations about Excel=pretty much on the money. It’s very much TFs and farms now. I’ve been doing my story arcing on Torch lately.

Thanks for the review. And I DO know what your character is thinking.:-)

Edited by cranebump