Focused Feedback: Advanced Difficulty - Imperious Task Force

Assuming 4-Star

• Tactics and Strategy - Leroy Jenkins eight 50+0 SO built blasters will probably end very badly.
  • Tier 4 Incarnates - No you don't have to, but you'll probably regret it if you don't.
  • A Tank - No you don't have to, but it sure does make it easier.  An 801.6 capable tank is even better.
  • Support - If you have enough support to keep your tank alive, then you likely have enough support to keep the rest of you alive too.  If you don't have a tank, you better double up that support.
  • Both +defense and +resist support - It's highly advisable that you HARD-cap both resists and defense.  Ex: PBU+Vengeance is your friend.
  • Illusion Control - is one of the most effective ways to neuter the Hostless.
  • -regen - /Rad /Traps etc, is one of the most effective ways to neuter the GM fights.  Keep in mind you need something close to perma -1000 regen, so while -100 regen is helpful, if that's all you have it's not gonna cut it.  You will need 1000+ raw dps without -regen.

Edited by Linea
  • Like 3

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

Personally, helpful buffing sets help cover the mass amount of -def & negative/energy damage you take as the TF goes on. Lots of Smashing/Lethal too as I recall.

From there, its a matter of being able to lock down and delete the Hostless (which are a big issue if you let them go unchecked) & that should get you through the TF aside from the AVs.

Ideally, you'll want at least one person capable of kiting for the Surprise New Fight.

At least one lock down/mez type for the final mission because of the Hard Mode Rommy additions.

Vague definitions but yeah.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

Sorry if this has already been addressed.  been running 2star hard mode with wife to get familiar with the game play and was just wondering if there is a way to defend agents the nictus  body possession? That or to resist it or break it once the power lvl start counting?  I cant seem to figure it out.  

8 minutes ago, emeyer406 said:

Sorry if this has already been addressed.  been running 2star hard mode with wife to get familiar with the game play and was just wondering if there is a way to defend agents the nictus  body possession? That or to resist it or break it once the power lvl start counting?  I cant seem to figure it out.  

I think CC works. When I ran it, we were at 4 star and we just tried to smack em down/more often just died😛

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

3 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

I think CC works. When I ran it, we were at 4 star and we just tried to smack em down/more often just died😛

I really really really hate to ask... CC? maybe I just haven't had enough coffee this morning (or maybe to much) lol. 

The way the Hostless works is you have about 15 seconds (or is it 45) to lock down or interrupt. They're very easily interrupted on lower stars I believe.

I've only ever done 4 star tests so far, so mileage may vary.

• Thumbs Up 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

1 hour ago, emeyer406 said:

... possession? ...

Hostless:

• There is a graphic that plays at death of the Host,   ...  Host is the guy carrying the nictus that later becomes the Hostless.
  • There is a text banner, that plays at death of the Host, ...  but is grey and hard to see unless you are solo or in a team.
  • There is a delay and then a graphic that plays before spawning of the Hostless.  ... this is your Third and Final Warning.
  • Distance and delay before hold, ...  Jump back when you see any of the above graphics
  • Distance and delay before hold, ... If above does not work sufficiently, jump back anytime you kill a Boss or EB, and use that distance and perspective to check for the graphics
  • Kill the Hostless,  if you're solo your SOL at this point, do NOT engage them.  If you avoided them, do NOT go back into range, just in case.  (I have not actually experimented with going back into range after avoiding them, but I suspect it's not a good idea.
  • Cage them or Phase them.   If They are in a different phase at expiration, the possession will fail.   The phase MUST be active at the (deaht) time of possession, not before or after.  If you cage them and the cage expires before possession is complete, then the target still dies.
  • Phase the target.  Same as above.
  • Illusion Control to Distract them.  The single best team tactic.
  • /bind tab "targetenemynear$$targetcustomnext enemy alive hostless"    ... or something similar
Edited by Linea
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

1 hour ago, emeyer406 said:

I really really really hate to ask... CC? maybe I just haven't had enough coffee this morning (or maybe to much) lol. 

It's all good!

Never too much coffee. Well, I mean I guess there is but...anyway! CC = Crowd Control

• Thumbs Up 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

2 hours ago, Seed22 said:

It's all good!

Never too much coffee. Well, I mean I guess there is but...anyway! CC = Crowd Control

That's what I thought it meant but I guess I just didn't understand the context it was being use in.  Thanks for letting me know.