Troo

AE Vet Levels -or- Empyrean to Reward Merits  

148 members have voted

1. 1. please select a preference

• no AE XP post-50
    • no more Empyrean/Merit conversions
    • is there a third option?

Just now, ivanhedgehog said:

you are smarter than that. no one makes you boot your computer. we are talking within the game. you know that.

So then you're saying you're not "forced", just incentivized?  I mean, if I don't want to do something in-game, I don't.  It's really that simple.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, ivanhedgehog said:
3 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I'm not going to go round and round with you again on inf/kill vs inf/min.  We disagree.

But have you actually logged into Brainstorm and tried any of this?  If not, you should.

its math. math is the same for all of us. in this universe

Since you didn't answer the question, I will assume that you have not logged into Brainstorm and personally tried anything.

• Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Since you didn't answer the question, I will assume that you have not logged into Brainstorm and personally tried anything.

math. you defeat 10 enemies worth 100 inf each. I kill 100 identical enemies worth 100inf each. you get 1000 inf , I get 10000 inf. why is this a problem? neither of us got out of bounds rewards. Neither of us are cheating. why do you insist that we should get the same reward?

• Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, LastHumanSoldier said:

I say do both. Remove Post 50 Vet XP in AE and kill the empyrean to merit exchange.

That way everyone will get a little somethin somethin this patch.

Works for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Still avoiding the question and reality.

Be well.

the question? that your content already rewards more than farming, that you want the devs to do a hack job on farming so that you will feel better for doing less defeats then a farmer.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, ivanhedgehog said:

less defeats

The idea that rewards per defeat is somehow the most meaningful metric is ludicrous.  

Rewards per time spent, I suppose could see. I could see reward per unit interface engagement, or per unit mental effort, if those could be measured.  But farming, and especially AFK farming isn't about any of these. It's just about getting the most xp/inf/etc at the fastest time rate with the least involvement. 

This reward per defeat argument is not fooling anyone, and frankly, seems disingenuous. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

So really how do you stop any of it without ostracizing groups of the playerbase.

Radical and unpopular idea -  render the need for gold farmers irrelevant with free level 50 tokens and free influence on demand.  Short of that, make whatever policy you want about deleting and re-farming for the early EMP rewards or whatever it is they are doing.  Anyone caught doing this gets banned permanently, no exceptions. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

35 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Radical and unpopular idea -  render the need for gold farmers irrelevant with free level 50 tokens and free influence on demand.  Short of that, make whatever policy you want about deleting and re-farming for the early EMP rewards or whatever it is they are doing.  Anyone caught doing this gets banned permanently, no exceptions. 

Well not too radical, I believe stuff like that is done on the other Rogue servers.

As far as unpopular maybe on this server but, there are folks that play on the other ones so it can't be too unpopular. 

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

13 hours ago, LastHumanSoldier said:

I say do both. Remove Post 50 Vet XP in AE and kill the empyrean to merit exchange.

That way everyone will get a little somethin somethin this patch.

i would support this

it would allow people to PL 1-50 in AE and then continue farming if they want influence, but require gameplay to unlock incarnates

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1