Agro more mobs little taste of old.

Kiddrac

Give players the ability to agro more mobs at once. Just like the good old days when we could pull the entire map<— well maybe not that extreme but at least up to 10 groups at a time. Can make it a temp power to up the agro limit. 

Edited by Kiddrac
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

2 hours ago, Kiddrac said:

Give players the ability to agro more mobs at once. Just like the good old days when we could pull the entire map<— well maybe not that extreme but at least up to 10 groups at a time. Can make it a temp power to up the agro limit. 

There is a change on it's way which will allow additional aggro. While not 10 groups, it will give taunt an improved role.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I personally hated it when Tankers did old school herding. The squishies are being overwhelmed and the Tanker is running off somewhere nowhere in sight grabbing more aggro? Especially when all that aggro gets the team except for the Tanker(s) killed? (To which the response would normally be along the lines of "Don't worry, I'll clear them out. You're still getting full influence.") I can't tell you how happy I was when that stopped. Maybe I was just running with some poor examples of tanks, but it was old school herding that taught me and several others I knew back then to treat Tankers on the team as if they weren't there, to flee the area when the Tanker came back with 'horde o'baddies' and leave them for the Tanker to deal with if (s)he could, and to laugh at the Tanker if their aggro-focus got them killed. I'll even admit to hoping those Tankers would get themselves killed on several occasions. (Which helped drive me into a solo-focused play mentality. If running with a team was just going to pile on the debt, then it's better to solo. Especially since there was no such thing as a debt cap back then.)

Tankers running wild gathering everything on the map while solo? Don't care. You do you. Tankers on a team should be more focused on helping the team survive instead of "gathering the map for max xp".

Edit: And before anyone says something along the lines of "What are you complaining about? You were making progress on your debt badges!"? Remember that there were no badges back then either.

Edited by Rudra