/Nature Affinity - Living Spores defensive proc slotting

Neiska

Hello Forums, 

Recently I had rolled a Demons/Nature alt, and had asked how to best slot Living Spores, for healing or for END since it looks a little wonky in MIDS. Someone in discord pointed out that Panacea + hp/end while having a lower proc chance (18% vs 50%) does give it an area effect, meaning it can then proc on pets and teammates. 

So I started to tinker with it and wondered what else was possible. You can slot it for a few other proc effects, Preventative Medicine +Aborb, Performance Shifter + END, and Power Transfer + heal self. But I don't know how to calculate the proc chances and all that. So, has anyone tried "proc bombing" Living Spores like this? And do they all affect pets/teammates, or just Panacea?

Something like this? image.png.69bb4f04940a33a21fc8a532307e04af.png

It's hard to tell if that will work in MIDS, this is what I get from it - 

image.png.f0942a87de1edba64383a661db49c89c.png

Was just wondering, it's something new I haven't tried before or seen much discussion about. But if it works, it might end up being quite good, especially if it can proc END and more Absorbs on pets.

Thoughts? Or does anyone know how to figure out the % to proc on a power like this?

If I'm using Bopper's formula correctly...

PerfShift% with its 1.5PPM comes out to 0.014 chance to fire off every 10s.

Energy Manipulator Stun comes out to 0.019.

Power Transfer Heal and Panacea HP/End both come out to 0.029.

Regenerative Tissue Regen, Miracle Recovery, Preventive Medicine and Numina Regen/Recovery all seem to be 100%?

I think it would be cool if those last four worked like that, but, no idea whether they do.

• Thanks 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

9 minutes ago, roleki said:

If I'm using Bopper's formula correctly...

PerfShift% with its 1.5PPM comes out to 0.014 chance to fire off every 10s.

Energy Manipulator Stun comes out to 0.019.

Power Transfer Heal and Panacea HP/End both come out to 0.029.

Regenerative Tissue Regen, Miracle Recovery, Preventive Medicine and Numina Regen/Recovery all seem to be 100%?

I think it would be cool if those last four worked like that, but, no idea whether they do.

Thank you for that. I am not sure what Bopper's formula is. But if I am understanding correctly, this means the Performance Shifter has a 1.4% chance, the Energy Manipulator has a 1.9% chance, the Power Transfer heal and Panacea both have a 2.9% chance? Because I have the Panacea actually slotted now, and it seems to fire pretty regularly, at least once per spawn encounter.

• 1 month later

Well if Panacea has a 2.9% chance to fire every 10s it also depends on how many different targets its going to check that against.

If it checks against you and your 6 pets standing in the patch, that jumps from 2.9% chance of seeing it fire to a 20% chance

So the important bits are:

Who does the proc roll a check against?

When the proc fires, who gets the benefit?