Help with DP/Willpower pls

earthaddy

So I copied the Willpower part and stuff like health, stamina, etc from the scrapper forum. And I started trying to fill out the rest when I realized how short of slots I was going to be. I don't really understand all these new IO sets and the bonuses and how it all actually translates to actual gameplay. I'll post the disaster of a build I am working on, could somebody help with it?

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Sentinel

Primary Power Set: Dual Pistols

Secondary Power Set: Willpower

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Leaping

Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Pistols -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)

Level 1: High Pain Tolerance -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(7), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(13), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), DctWnd-Heal(39), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(40)

Level 2: Dual Wield -- Empty(A), Empty(15), Empty(15), Empty(17), Empty(17), Empty(19)

Level 4: Mind Over Body -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(19), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(21), RctArm-EndRdx/Rchg(23), RctArm-EndRdx(23)

Level 6: Suppressive Fire -- Empty(A), Empty(25), Empty(25), Empty(27), Empty(27), Empty(29)

Level 8: Empty Clips -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(13)

Level 10: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Rchg+(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)

Level 12: Bullet Rain -- Empty(A), Empty(33), Empty(33), Empty(34), Empty(34), Empty(34)

Level 14: Fast Healing -- Empty(A), Empty(36), Empty(36)

Level 16: Up to the Challenge -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(31), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(33), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(42)

Level 18: Swap Ammo

Level 20: Quick Recovery -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(42), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(42)

Level 22: Executioner's Shot -- Empty(A), Empty(46), Empty(46), Empty(48), Empty(48), Empty(48)

Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)

Level 26: Piercing Rounds -- Empty(A), Empty(50), Empty(50), Empty(50)

Level 28: Heightened Senses -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(43), Ksm-ToHit+(43)

Level 30: Boxing -- Empty(A)

Level 32: Hail of Bullets -- Empty(A)

Level 35: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(36), RctArm-ResDam(37), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(37)

Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39)

Level 41: Maneuvers -- Empty(A)

Level 44: Assault -- Empty(A)

Level 47: Frostbite -- Empty(A)

Level 49: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-Heal(45), RgnTss-Regen+(45)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(45)

Level 18: Cryo Ammunition

Level 18: Incendiary Ammunition

Level 18: Chemical Ammunition

------------

No Pine's right now, but I'll give you some ideas.  Suppressive Fire is a potential skip power once you have the others. 

Suppressive Fire gains 0 damage from Incendiary Ammo. Instead *any* ammo toggle converts the Stun to Hold which has a short duration. 

With just the default base ammo, Suppressive Fire has better DPA than several attacks in the set.  However, when you turn on that Incendiary Ammo, Pistols, Dual Wield, and Piercing Rounds surpass it.  Executioner's Shot is always stronger. 

If you drop Suppressive, that frees up a lot of slots.  You can raise Piercing Rounds to 5 or 6.  After thinking about it, I wouldn't recommend dropping Suppressive Fire for *end game* builds.  For leveling, Pistols and Dual Wield are fine enough and eventually Executioner's Shot matures your single target. 

All of the attacks in Dual Pistols have value.  Even the cones.  Dual Pistols has a lot of proc opportunities which can make Empty Clips decent.  Bullet Rain has better damage when it can hit all targets and it has some different functionality.  So yeah, after tinkering with my own character I have very different perspectives than I did when I wrote a lot of this.

On Willpower with IO's, I tend to find Health, Fast Healing, Quick Recovery, and Stamina can get by with just 2 total slots.  For the passive health ones, I like procs there (Numina's +Regen/+Recovery, Miracle +Recovery, and so on).  For Endurance, a full Endurance mod + Performance Shifter proc should be good enough.  Get your Accolades too, there is +max endurance ones which will pad it all out.  Side note, Defensive Opportunity helps support Willpower's innate endurance recovery perks. 

With some of these free slots, put 4 into either Brawl or Boxing.  Socket those with Kinetic Combats.  That will give your Smashing/Lethal defense a boost. 

I know a data chunk would be better help, and sorry I don't have that, but the above should help you get started on tweaking the base you have.

P.S., Another thing... Consider how much recharge you'd like and what level of importance it has to you.  Consider how much defense is important to you, and how much global damage. Etc.  My Beam/Willpower hits about 32% to all typed defense (Smash, Lethal, Energy, Negative, etc.).  Pushing that any further compromises my personal build goals and preferences. 

Another word of note about picking sets and placements.  Executioner's Shot is the highest DPA attack you get.  Once you can afford it, I'd recommend Apocalypse there with 5 pieces (all but the Accuracy/Recharge) + a proc of some variety (like a Sentinel ATO one, there are two).   Executioner's Shot works with a lot of procs, but it is also a good spot for the Opportunity Strikes ATO to improve the up time on Opportunity which in turn gives you another source of -20% resistance.  Achilles' Heel can go in here too. 

Suppressive Fire can take both the Apocalypse and Unbreakable Constraint purple damage procs which really ups the damage.  Slap a Toxic damage proc in there if you like, or just go with two damage ones.  Depends on what IO set bonuses you need. 

Pistols benefits from Achilles' Heel +Chance for -Resistance.  I think Dual Wield has a number of options for procs.  I believe my DP/NIN has both with 4 pc Devastation for the global damage with the last two slots as procs.  DW also can benefit from procs like Forcefeedback Chance for Recharge.  FF Recharge can also fit in to Bullet Rain and/or Empty Clips.  Empty Clips can take Achilles' Heel or Annihilation (Piercing Rounds can take the latter too). 

I think I put a 5pc Sentinel ATO into Piercing Rounds + a PvP proc since most of the ranged AoE sets kinda suck. Put Procs on PR with at least an Annihilation Chance for -Resistance.  A Positron's isn't bad.  This can only hit 3 targets so widening the cone virtually guarantees it every time.  Despite the lame animation it hits pretty hard and can debuff the targets it hits. 

Hail of Bullets also has good set options. 

I just started a DP/Fire and I have to say - Piercing Rounds looks like a waste of end.  It's such a narrow cone for such a high end cost.  My experience with the similar power on a Beam Rifle Corr has led me to believe I'd much rather keep Suppressing Fire in my chain rather than Piercing Rounds.

• 4 weeks later

I like piercing rounds, as long as the mobs cooperate and line up nice and straight. =) A trick to it that I use is open up with hail of bullets then run back a few steps. The mob will follow and form a nice line for the set up. =)

Oldskool has some good advice on slotting the piercing rounds to open up the cone a little, Annihilation, I think. I'll have to look it up.

I like piercing rounds, as long as the mobs cooperate and line up nice and straight. =) A trick to it that I use is open up with hail of bullets then run back a few steps. The mob will follow and form a nice line for the set up. =)

Oldskool has some good advice on slotting the piercing rounds to open up the cone a little, Annihilation, I think. I'll have to look it up.

The Sentinel ATO's add range in their bonuses.  This will widen the cones on Empty Clips and Piercing Rounds.  Positron's Blast also has a Damage/Range which modifies it a little more.  The Annihilation chance to debuff resistance is the only one from that set I'd use.  Dual Pistols has a lot of opportunity to add 2 more sources of -20% on top of what Opportunity grants which is why I suggest it.