Jump to content

Page 5 Fire Farming Microguide (Maps + Builds)


America's Angel
 Share

Recommended Posts

***UPDATED FOR PAGE 5***

 

The game update "Issue 27: Page 5" nerfed both Burn and Irradiated Ground. Because of this, Rad/Fire Brutes are not the best farming builds anymore. With that said, they can still farm well. This guide will show you how.

ACTIVE FARMING

Build:

For Active Farming (i.e. you at your computer actively playing) use the attached build called "AA_ACTIVE_Page4"

 

Map:

#41794.

 

How to Play:

Empty slot in burn is for the perfect zinger proc.  Just spam your AoEs and everything will die. There's a helper in the map who will summon phantom army's to help you bunch up the mobs. (You can do the same with your banished pantheon lore pet. Although I'd reccomend saving the lore pet for when the helper NPC spawns too far away from the centre of the map.) You'll want to pick up the Increased Attack Rate base buff and Offense Amplifier P2W buff.

 

 

AFK FARMING

Build:

For AFK farming use the attached build called "AA_AFK_Page5"

 

Map:

For 5 min AFK farming use map #51289

For 10 Min AFK farming use map #38973

 

How to play:

Jump into middle of map. Hit assault hybrid +ageless as you leap. Put burn on auto. Come back every 5/10 mins to reset. You will need the +HP and +end accolades, or the Survival Amplifier from P2W.

 

 

TRIPLE-BOX FARMING OPTIMAL SETUPS:

 

3x AFK farmers resetting every 5/10 mins = ~80 million inf per hour

 

1 x active farmer resetting every 3 mins + 2 x AFK farmers resetting every 5 mins = ~150 million inf per hour


MAKING YOUR OWN FARM

Not a fan of the meteor map? Pick whatever map you want and then give your mobs the following power selections:

 

Minions:

image.thumb.png.06f8b2eea8e098d5373575fb282a0f50.png

 

 

Lieutenants:

 

image.thumb.png.d767fbdb2852c042d3176693f3b63a2f.png

 

Bosses (Active):

 

image.thumb.png.3d8498ac8e9fac0e938147f1741f66c1.png

 

Bosses (AFK):

 

image.thumb.png.aee594362ae16e434c40264e1bffaab7.png

 

 

HOW TO ACTIVE FARM

Here's a video of me running the build. Sorry for the jitteryness, my OBS-fu is weak:
 

 

 

HOW TO DAMAGE CAP YOURSELF WITH INSPS

 

Put the attached file "FarmPro.mnu" into your C:\Games\Homecoming\data\texts\English\menus folder. (Or whatever the path name is for your installation)


Then when you're in-game on your farmer, type the following into the chat and press enter:
 

/bind e "popmenu farmpro"

 

Then when you're in the farm, spam the "e" button to combine your inspirations into reds + eat them. (The "e" button will do both.)

AA_ACTIVE_Page4.mxd

FarmPro.mnu

AA_AFK_Page5.mxd

Edited by America's Angel
Updating for Page 5
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 9
  • Thumbs Down 1

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks AA! I'm curious why anyone snags a travel power for their farmers? Considering the free ones from the P2W/T4V vendors give plenty of movement speed in between or during missions.

 

Also curious about why fire defense isn't higher on the Active Farmer - I'm considering more attacks will be directed at the farmer if they're using a smaller map like asteroid, but if the mobs are spaced out, I consider 30% a fine amount of fire defense. 

 

I appreciate you sharing those map ID's - my go-to maps are still using mobs with lower xp/inf generation as they haven't been updated based on the p4 changes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Thanks AA! I'm curious why anyone snags a travel power for their farmers? Considering the free ones from the P2W/T4V vendors give plenty of movement speed in between or during missions.

 

Also curious about why fire defense isn't higher on the Active Farmer - I'm considering more attacks will be directed at the farmer if they're using a smaller map like asteroid, but if the mobs are spaced out, I consider 30% a fine amount of fire defense. 

 

I appreciate you sharing those map ID's - my go-to maps are still using mobs with lower xp/inf generation as they haven't been updated based on the p4 changes. 

Luck of the Gambler +Recharge mule.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First - I can appreciate the effort in making & sharing the builds. The afk seems well thought out. Interesting, too. 

But here's what I don't know, and my thoughts are all over the place. 

Different maps will tend to have different custom mobs. So, while this afk build you're kindly sharing may do perfectly well on the map you suggest, it may do horribly on a different map. 

I went to Brainstorm to test that build you shared a couple of weeks ago, got the passive accolades, and the build did great. So, I made the build here, and don't have the accolades yet. But, I got the amplifiers, and threw it into Bloodom's "XP adjusted" map, and after a few minutes, it died. (I couldn't test it in the same map/mission, as it wasn't available on Brainstorm.) 

I'm not complaining. I learned, or rather, was reminded that not all farm maps are the same. There's that slider that determines how much XP you get, and none of us really know what we're going to get until we enter it. 

 

 

 

As it stands now, I could get the passive accolades on the new farm brute...but ugh...I've done this so many times on so many characters...ugh. I don't even need to farm right now, so I'm going to wait until I need to, I think. Heh, for a lark, I'm the Abyss, with all my toggles off and three gms hitting me, doing a little damage, but not killing me. Good thing the build has taunt, I can gather some more. 

Different solutions: 
Don't stand in the center of the asteroid. Stand to the left or right. 
Use the tunnel and follow an npc around. This mitigates some damage, because as you move, they don't chase you with that ranged damage, so it's not that bad. Might come back to a dead farmer at the choke points, might not. Depends on the rng of mob movement. 
Consider a different primary and use Foot Stomp in lieu of burn. 



 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I should've been more clear - I see folks snagging Super Speed more often than not.

 

Because Super Speed is both faster than Athletic Run, and you can slot it for endurance reduction so it doesn't use near as much endurance in comparison.  Fire farmers tend to be endurance hogs.  Plus you have to take Hasten anyway.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Astralock said:

Because Super Speed is both faster than Athletic Run, and you can slot it for endurance reduction so it doesn't use near as much endurance in comparison.  Fire farmers tend to be endurance hogs.  Plus you have to take Hasten anyway.

That's a fair point. I'm not moving around too much during my Fire Farming, so that's not something I've had to think about. I don't normally have endurance problems either with Ageless going off, and even without Ageless, I've got Consume too. In fact, I'm not using a lot of end to begin with since I'm only running Fire Shield, Weave, Combat Jump, and the two AoE toggles. Burn doesn't cost me too much end either. If I'm really going for a quick run, I'll use the other AoEs from the Patron Pool, but I'm not in much of a hurry normally. 

 

Anyways, good perspective!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Added a 5 min AFK farm to the OP, as well a a rough figure of how much influence you should be earning with these.


@Ukase You might be able to get by AFK farming with just the surival amp, and not bother with the +HP accolades. I haven't tried this so I can't say for sure. Alternatively, try the attached stone/rad tank. It can AFK farm without accolades. However, it earns 2.8mil per 5 minute map vs the rad/fire brute's 4.2mil.

rad stone afk tank tp.mxd

Edited by America's Angel

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, but I went and knocked out the accolades this afternoon; had a character I was leveling up and needed to knock out Maria Jenkin's arc anyway, so I just collaboratively completed them. 

The Atlas Medallion just boosts endurance, and with burn on auto, there's really not a strong need for more endurance. 
It seems so strange to devote so many slots just for set bonuses, lol. 

I can say one thing, it didn't take very long at all to get the first 24 vet levels. I burned a ton of threads to make the alpha t-3, rather than use emp merits or bother with a weekly tf. Just quicker and easier to do that, and I won't miss the inf for the crafting fee. 

Now, when I need to do some farming, I'm ready. 

I almost made a fire/spines tank....that might be interesting. The dps would be much poorer, but with some procs, and higher hp, I wouldn't have to waste so many slots on regen.  Might keep me out of trouble for a minute. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I almost made a fire/spines tank....that might be interesting. The dps would be much poorer, but with some procs, and higher hp, I wouldn't have to waste so many slots on regen.  Might keep me out of trouble for a minute. 

Both my Dark/Spines and Fire/Rad work great. Fire/Spines should work just fine. AoE is your friend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Astralock said:

 

Because Super Speed is both faster than Athletic Run, and you can slot it for endurance reduction so it doesn't use near as much endurance in comparison.  Fire farmers tend to be endurance hogs.  Plus you have to take Hasten anyway.

 

I tried this and it didn't feel good. SS has -threat on it and it really interfered with my pulling and grouping. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, thunder_crane said:

 

I tried this and it didn't feel good. SS has -threat on it and it really interfered with my pulling and grouping. 

For an afk-farmer, in particular with the new changes, some -threat wouldn't be a bad thing, I wouldn't think. Plus the inherent stealth might be protective, in a sense from mobs that wander by - which the afk-er may not be able to handle. All depends on the map and the build, of course. And opinions will vary. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ukase said:

For an afk-farmer, in particular with the new changes, some -threat wouldn't be a bad thing, I wouldn't think. Plus the inherent stealth might be protective, in a sense from mobs that wander by - which the afk-er may not be able to handle. All depends on the map and the build, of course. And opinions will vary. 

 

That seems reasonable to me, but I see SS on the active farmer as well, and that's kind of the one I'm talking about. I had to switch away from it for this reason and just run a prestige dash and an athletic run together - more than fast enough and with ageless core end isn't a problem until maybe the last 30 seconds before it's up again. Fortunately, dropping SS allows you to pick up something like consume instead, which fixes that window. Moreover you can slot it with power transfer heal chance or perf shifter end chance. All around better for an active farmer imo. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sovryn said:

Can you share the power selection you used for your minions/lt's/bosses please?

 

unknown.png

 

Sure!

 

Both have the first 6 powers of Super Reflexes.

 

For Active:

image.thumb.png.569bf8a65052e48811074f81b1c8239d.png



For AFK:

image.thumb.png.6ea8e967d0227a31ddd5e0303e118794.png

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for sharing! I need to toss one together without the timer, otherwise it's working great with the added HP. Now to make a new AE mission and get those accolades to avoid having to live in Pocket D!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sovryn said:

Thank you so much for sharing! I need to toss one together without the timer, otherwise it's working great with the added HP. Now to make a new AE mission and get those accolades to avoid having to live in Pocket D!

Hey sorry, I thought you were only asking about bosses in the last post. Here's the power options for the others.

 

Minions:

image.png.2369711f5ab803a4447039c0a521a212.png

 

Lieutenants:

 

image.png.47b6844185288be2bc5f7b70ea1b7334.png

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Added a popmenu guide to the OP to help with combining + consuming insps super-quickly!

Edited by America's Angel

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, sovryn said:

are you still using the first six sr powers?

Yep! Have added a quick guide to the OP with the power selections for all.:classic_cool:

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this is on topic. If not, apologies. 

Seems like I've spent more time on test server after the patch than before it! 

I have made a map to test my builds on brainstorm, but I think I'm screwing something up. 

When folks are saying "adjusted for Page 4", I am assuming they have moved the slider so that the mobs award 100% XP. 

But on test, my builds did fine, but on the "real world", they don't do fine. They suck. But that's because I'm using two different maps. I like Bloodom's maps, due to the silly dialogue. But he doesn't have one updated on Brainstorm. 

Do we know of a map on Brainstorm that is properly adjusted for page 4? It's been a real eye-opener as to how much I did not know about farming maps. I always assumed they all gave the same XP, but this is not even close to reality. I tried one by @darkfirebrutetest (I swear, that's the global name the AE said made the mission!) but it seemed much rougher than Bloodom's, and gave more xp per kill, so I think it may be ramped up, but I can't be sure. 

And, if so, is there an identical version on the live server? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ukase said:

I think this is on topic. If not, apologies. 

Seems like I've spent more time on test server after the patch than before it! 

I have made a map to test my builds on brainstorm, but I think I'm screwing something up. 

When folks are saying "adjusted for Page 4", I am assuming they have moved the slider so that the mobs award 100% XP. 

But on test, my builds did fine, but on the "real world", they don't do fine. They suck. But that's because I'm using two different maps. I like Bloodom's maps, due to the silly dialogue. But he doesn't have one updated on Brainstorm. 

Do we know of a map on Brainstorm that is properly adjusted for page 4? It's been a real eye-opener as to how much I did not know about farming maps. I always assumed they all gave the same XP, but this is not even close to reality. I tried one by @darkfirebrutetest (I swear, that's the global name the AE said made the mission!) but it seemed much rougher than Bloodom's, and gave more xp per kill, so I think it may be ramped up, but I can't be sure. 

And, if so, is there an identical version on the live server? 

 

You can try mine, 50968, or just search for decoys. This is an active meteor fire farm.

 

They should give full exp, if you're having issues standing in the middle. Then trigger the decoys and hang out on the edges. The mobs will come in smaller bunches.

 

I think some folks might be afk farming, by standing on the edge, but I have not tried it.

 

With very aggressive active farming, constant insp combining and attacking, each map can be completed in 2:30 to 2:45.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

You can try mine, 50968, or just search for decoys. This is an active meteor fire farm.

 

They should give full exp, if you're having issues standing in the middle. Then trigger the decoys and hang out on the edges. The mobs will come in smaller bunches.

 

I think some folks might be afk farming, by standing on the edge, but I have not tried it.

 

With very aggressive active farming, constant insp combining and attacking, each map can be completed in 2:30 to 2:45.


I did try it. 
For whatever reason, the minions give 72 less XP than another "adjusted for page 4" map. 

 

Is it on Brainstorm? 



and another edit: 

I just left brainstorm. And I look at the xp I get from this "100% XP" (by moving the slider to 100%) as shown in the snipped pic. 


image.thumb.png.b3d956540bb642724c2ccaa145bb5a44.png

 

 

 

I only present this because of my confusion. 
In my map, I'm getting 6408 per minion. In yours, I get 4200 per minion. 

So, if both are adjusted for "100% XP", what's going on here? 

It's not my intent to derail, or complain, I'm just curious, wondering if those words "100% XP" mean what I think they mean. 
Maybe not, lol. I genuinely am fairly ignorant of AE mission creation. I mean, all I do is click on the errors, fill in the fields and then select an objective. 

 

Edited by Ukase
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • America's Angel changed the title to Page 5 Fire Farming Microguide (Maps + Builds)
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...