Why no love for /COLD?

Ironscarlet

After testing on Justin at 50, Bots/Cold seemed to suit me best, so I made one and an up to 31 now.  Both Bots & Cold are somewhat late blooming and I feel a bit underwhelmed at this time, but I saw how good it was, so have a goal.  I'm worried it's not going to be very good for maling due to the late blooming nature though.  I don't have Sleet or the last bot upgrade yet.  I didn't take any heals, instead taking repair, between that, frostworks and the bots healing, it seems adequate most of the time.  I found snow storm invaluable so far as it debuffs recharge which means the mobs don't attack as much, and it slows keeping them from running away so fast, perhaps I'll drop it later, but it seems like if I plan to be maled down for SFs etc. much it'll still be invaluable.  I took 2 of primary attacks as well, and those seem like they speed up things, and give me a bit more targeted knockback to help with more mitigation, however if I use them much and snow-storm my end drops quickly, even without snow-storm and using them end gets to be a problem, especially if I end up re-summoning much.  I also changed to minimal FX to avoid irritating team-mates, but I find it harder to note when shields have dropped, or if I've missed anyone so thinking of turning it back, but that's likely to be expensive at the tailor at this point.

Something I just discovered that perhaps others may not know. Power Boost does not work on cold shields because of the +resistance they have.

It's still a viable set, but I have to take back what I said about it being right there with Time.

Leveling a Bots/Cold right now. I like it. I like the improved utility and debuffs over my old standby FF. I know I'll miss Dispersion Bubble until Clarion, but I think it is worth the trade-off. I have stealth I also didn't have before. The slows are helpful as well, since runners are often a problem with no way to immobilize prior to Mace when using FF.

On this one I think I'll go Chill mastery for an attack and the armor, and Hibernate as a replacement for PFF/panic button.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

When I focus on choosing a secondary I had one goal solo AV and GM so -recovery was one of my goals. I was going to go Thermal but then read res shields were kinda pointless on pets so I looked at cold because of def shield would work better on pets. Had -recovery, def shield, and -res and -def. Just no solid heal. So why no love for /cold looks pretty solid. Cold Defenders were one of the strongest debuffers on live so why no love from MM. What am I missing?

Also min FX makes your group  looks like mini invulnerable shields on everyone looks pretty awesome.

Wouldn't mind a review of my Bots/Cold. It's up on page 1 of this forum. I'm really liking it so far!

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds