"Everybody down" power.

Robertium77

We are facing a lot of "irresistible damage" nowadays. Tanker can not withstand that kind of damage no matter your numbers, powers, bonuses. So I propose a power for tankers, brutes, defenders, mastermind, peace bringers etc, to be able to redirect and absorb a lot of damage from those irresistible damage.  It could be like an animation embracing the item or the enemy to receive most of the damage or sacrificing oneself for the team or pets. It could be an Incarnate or an epic power.

En other words, taunt or draw the harm to oneself. Maybe you can survive maybe not.....but your team will live.

Greetings.

• Thumbs Down 1

I'm amused by this suggestion. I misunderstood the title, but reading the OP? Left me slightly confused but intrigued. Maybe instead of a lone power, make it part of a new APP set?

You could call it Guardian or something. I don't know, just tossing ideas.

Powers could include:

Take Cover!:              Grants a small +Def(All) boost to self and allies within 10' with a low Absorb component.

Everybody Down!:    Character takes on a modified Bodyguard Mode. All teammates within Bodyguard distance share damage with the character. Maybe 1/3 suffered damage

is instead  applied to the character using this power?

I've Got You!:           Character uses a Heal effect on one ally, maybe even at the cost of own health?

Glorious Defiance:   Character gains massive boost to Def(All?) for brief moment of time where all enemies are required to target the character rather than allies.

(Edit: Glorious Defiance would have a VERY long cooldown.)

Open to other interpretations. Ideas? (Not trying to steal your thunder, @Robertium77, just think it could use some expanding and development.) (Suggested powers are in the order my demented mind was able to come up with them and are not in any way a recommendation for power order or even a requirement to be part of the set. Just brainstorming things to make this a set.)

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct alignment.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Hugs:

In principle, I am against anything automatic be hit or kill or status effect, it should not be available to the players nor the mobs.

Thus in principle, there should not be any need for such a power set.

That said, maybe give the baddies a 25% accuracy boost instead of the auto-hit, so players at least have a chance to evade! and damage should be limited to extreme not a zillion points! so tankers for instance could survive it

hugs

Sue

• Thumbs Down 1

I'd have to second "as a new power set" for an idea like this.

I'd also have to question just how fast one would die in something like an MSR or Hami raid. >.>

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.