Mids - Proc/Incarnate Question

BrandX

Does the +RCH from Incarnates still effect the damage of procs?  My damage isn't changing in mids, when I select Agility for the Recharge, but I thought the damage goes down at that point.

Or is it that the Agility +Recharge is the only recharge of the power, so it doesn't effect the damage?

Nothing but the purple patch and -Res affect proc damage.

The Recharge Reduction applied by Alpha abilities isn't global +Recharge, it's Recharge Reduction added directly to each power.  Exactly as though you slotted Recharge Reduction into powers.  Consequently, it does affect proc rate in the same way slotting Recharge Reduction would.

Mids' does still calculate PPM properly (as of 3.2.17), and display an average damage output by default (you can change that in the second tab of the Configuration window).  As to why you might not see any change in the average damage displayed by Mids', if the power you're examining has a long base recharge time, Recharge Reduction enhancements won't necessarily reduce the proc rate.  If the recharge time is very long, it will likely never show a reduction in proc rate.  Proc rates are natively higher in single-target powers than in AoE powers, as well, so single-target powers will show less proc rate reduction than AoE powers when Recharge Reduction is applied.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Nothing but the purple patch and -Res affect proc damage.

The Recharge Reduction applied by Alpha abilities isn't global +Recharge, it's Recharge Reduction added directly to each power.  Exactly as though you slotted Recharge Reduction into powers.  Consequently, it does affect proc rate in the same way slotting Recharge Reduction would.

Mids' does still calculate PPM properly (as of 3.2.17), and display an average damage output by default (you can change that in the second tab of the Configuration window).  As to why you might not see any change in the average damage displayed by Mids', if the power you're examining has a long base recharge time, Recharge Reduction enhancements won't necessarily reduce the proc rate.  If the recharge time is very long, it will likely never show a reduction in proc rate.  Proc rates are natively higher in single-target powers than in AoE powers, as well, so single-target powers will show less proc rate reduction than AoE powers when Recharge Reduction is applied.

It was all in Ice Blast, Freeze Ray and Bitter Ice Blast.  However, the Agility Incarnate is the only recharge in those powers, so I am wondering if 33% just isn't enough to make a real change in the proc damage.

3 hours ago, BrandX said:

It was all in Ice Blast, Freeze Ray and Bitter Ice Blast.  However, the Agility Incarnate is the only recharge in those powers, so I am wondering if 33% just isn't enough to make a real change in the proc damage.

Guessing no it would not be typically.  No change in proc rate no change in damage output.

Those 3 attacks all have low enough recharge + activation that an increase in local recharge would lower the proc rate.

Ice Blast: 8 (base) + 1.6667 (activation)

Freeze Ray: 10 + 1

BIB: 12 + 1.067

All numbers from

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/powerset.html?pset=blaster_ranged.ice_blast&at=blaster

A 3.5 PPM proc would go (from - to) when increasing local recharge from 0 to .3333 (based on statement 2 posts above that the only recharge was from alpha)

Ice Blast: .564 - .447

FR: .642 - .5

BIB: .76  - .587

Edited by Hedgefund2

1 hour ago, Hedgefund2 said:

Those 3 attacks all have low enough recharge + activation that an increase in local recharge would lower the proc rate.

Ice Blast: 8 (base) + 1.6667 (activation)

Freeze Ray: 10 + 1

BIB: 12 + 1.067

All numbers from

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/powerset.html?pset=blaster_ranged.ice_blast&at=blaster

A 3.5 PPM proc would go (from - to) when increasing local recharge from 0 to .3333 (based on statement 2 posts above that the only recharge was from alpha)

Ice Blast: .564 - .447

FR: .642 - .5

BIB: .76  - .587

Then it's just mids not showing the change when the Incarnate is applied then?

8 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Then it's just mids not showing the change when the Incarnate is applied then?

I just fired up Mids for an Ice/ corr and saw the expected DMG for my proc heavy BiB and FR decrease when I changed to an alpha with recharge.  I'm not a Mids pro, just a "veteran user" of it so I only have one suggestion which is to go to "Effects and Math" (sorry Mids devs but math is singular to this Yank) tab and make sure "Show Average" is enabled.

Here's where that is:

image.png.81f63ca34695a0a92fdaaf78de2fda25.png

The Mids Discord is very helpful btw, either a dev or a pro user responds very quickly there.