INVINCIBLE (4 Star) ITF - featuring a balanced team, done in the first week of release. CLOSE TO THE 60 min Mark !

Voltak

I feel we had a balanced blend of buffs and debuffs and damage.

Having no voice communications, no set systematic routines, and mainly just "going with the flow", I think we did very well.

The adrenaline rush was at peak and the fun factor was also at max.

• Like 1

A tank as the anchor, a brute for added muscle, a couple of blasters and 3 defenders.  They're a bit short on control, but maybe the defenders are shoring them up in that area?  I wouldn't say it's terribly unbalanced, just a little light on melee and control.  Still, they finished at the 60 minute mark, which is pretty dang good IMO. 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Cancrusher said:

A tank as the anchor, a brute for added muscle, a couple of blasters and 3 defenders.  They're a bit short on control, but maybe the defenders are shoring them up in that area?  I wouldn't say it's terribly unbalanced, just a little light on melee and control.  Still, they finished at the 60 minute mark, which is pretty dang good IMO. 🤷‍♂️

Two corruptors, two very high dmg corruptors.  
The brute was very good dmg. 
Even the tanker was a dmg oriented tank -- Fire/EM tank. 

We had a good repertoire of buffs and debuffs. 

To me, that was a balanced team. 

The time was a reflection of balance, good team, player skills, and decent performance. 

• Thumbs Up 2

You're a veteran at this game and probably MMOs in general, you know full well what people usually mean when they say balanced team lol Its not used synonymously with effective nor successful.

For anyone posting on technicalities, by definition the OP is correct. If it works - regardless of efficiency - then all things considered (and i do mean all things) then it is balanced for the task. We just don't typically use it in this way when referencing team composition and everyone knows that. Team of scrappers beating Yin is balanced by definition, but hardly no one would call it that at a glance of all scrappers. Same situation, but his team is balanced toward support to make up for lack of dps while the theoretical scrapper team is balanced toward dps to make up for lack of support.

Stop splitting hairs when that's not even the main point of the post LoL My take away is that the 4* ITF isn't that frightful. Just needs well built people that know their characters and know the TF, and if they pace themselves according to their team comp then there is plenty of flexibility with what people can bring. Its awesome to see a mix like this where the group/team lead didn't force a member to change to a scrapper or blaster.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mr. Wimple said:

You're a veteran at this game and probably MMOs in general, you know full well what people usually mean when they say balanced team lol Its not used synonymously with effective nor successful.

For anyone posting on technicalities, by definition the OP is correct. If it works - regardless of efficiency - then all things considered (and i do mean all things) then it is balanced for the task. We just don't typically use it in this way when referencing team composition and everyone knows that. Team of scrappers beating Yin is balanced by definition, but hardly no one would call it that at a glance of all scrappers. Same situation, but his team is balanced toward support to make up for lack of dps while the theoretical scrapper team is balanced toward dps to make up for lack of support.

Stop splitting hairs when that's not even the main point of the post LoL My take away is that the 4* ITF isn't that frightful. Just needs well built people that know their characters and know the TF, and if they pace themselves according to their team comp then there is plenty of flexibility with what people can bring. Its awesome to see a mix like this where the group/team lead didn't force a member to change to a scrapper or blaster.

PREACH
PREACH

By the way, balanced to me, in this case, still applies. 
I see ranged dmg
I see heavy dmg
I see debuffs
I see buffs
Melee dmg
crowd control 

I applaud you for calling out anyone who is trying to split hairs, if that's what they are doing. 

Thanks. 

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2022 at 7:20 PM, Cancrusher said:

Blaster secondaries are called "X" MANIPULATION for a reason, they add control 😎

Edited by FUBARczar
Sp

2 hours ago, FUBARczar said:

Blaster secondaries are called "X" MANIPULATION for a reason, they add control 😎

Right.  😁👍  Well, Mr. Wimple kind of expressed it better than I did- what I was trying to say, I suppose, is that if they beat the ITF on Invincible and had a fun and challenging time doing it, then they had a pretty good team. 

The new diff content is supposed to do exactly as the OP described:  Get adrenaline and fun factor at peak.  So that's a great endorsement for the end result of the difficulty additions, imo. 👍 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1