Paragon University ((Open RP))

American Valor

((Sorry, been RL busy so trying to catch back up.))

After the weekend spent mostly training with Krys, Tori was less than excited to head back to class. But the alarm sounded early, and she went through her routine starting with a workout and some combat training. The weight room was sparsely populated on a Monday morning so she got things done quickly and in peace.

She had noted that the football team had won and was happy for Max. He’d likely had his share of ‘fun’ over the weekend.

After shower she rushed to her Metahuman Studies class, sneaking in a couple minutes late.

RP on Everlast: 

Primary: Tenaxa (Victoria (Tori) Hanes-Sykes); at least 5 versions and counting

And pretty much any other character I play.

RP Forums: Paragon University thread

PC- Library 

On 7/30/2023 at 11:57 PM, Saeletra said:

Rather than accepting the handshake, Meg takes a step back to assess the situation.

Liv stood there like a teen feeling stupid her smile fell as she just lowered her hand.

"Sorry for bothering you. Thanks for makin sure I wasn't dead. I'll get this cleaned up and talk to Ms Binks again about that treasure book." 

Liv turned her back to Professor Coburn and picked up one of the books and placed it on the shelf and then another. 

Edited by American Valor
Sprry for my absent IRL got in the way glad to be back

When you wake up seek the courage and strength to do the right thing.
Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk.

American Valor Sentinel of Liberty

FBSA Home Page

PCU - Student Union 

Jem smiled at Rasputin

"No it dosen't it just allows me to use it off campus at different eaterys like Coldstone pizza palace and places like that near campus is all."

Jem leads them back over to there table. As soon as she sits down Gram leap outta her bib trying to get to the tuna salad. Jem just slides a piece lettus with tuna on  it to  him and laughs.

"So do you live in the dorms?"

"I'm 3rd floor Sinclaire building"

FBSA Home Page

4 hours ago, American Valor said:

"So do you live in the dorms?"

"No," Rasputin answered as she sat down, taking a moment to salt and pepper her sandwich while Grout ate some sucker sticks it found in her backpack.

"The dorm has too many people.  Too close of proximity for too sustained of an exposure.  I live in a small building on the edge of the campus.  I think it used to be storage or something."

She seemed to ponder a moment before decisively taking off her wool hat and shoving it in her vest pocket.  She scratched at her scraggly brown hair.

"My foster parents offered to let me stay at their house, but I figured they'd done enough.  The building's bigger than my old room anyway, so it's nice."

Another pause to ponder.

"Were your parents... satisfied... with you going to college far away?"

PCU - Student Union 

Jem ate her her tuna salad while feeding Gram. She listened to Rasputin and thought that it was interesting about resident life. Jem smile fell at the question of parents.

"Oh I was an okay student, Seems the plan was for me to go to any school I wanted," She said bitterly. "I just wasn't accepted to the local college, Harvard sure MIT sure including special provisions due to being a mutie. I chose Paragon City University, the City of Tomorrow, the City of Heroes; a place I could fit in. I'm on a full ride get outa town mutie from the Township of Stoneybrook special needs scholarships."

Jem face had taken on a crystline appearance while she spoke, full transforming as she finished, gram stopped eating and rubbed up on Jems hand mewing ssoftly. Jem sighed visibly.

"Sorry I did it again didn't I"  she whispered to Gram. Jem kept her face facing down not looking at Rasputin

Edited by American Valor
fixing

FBSA Home Page

Sadness.  Disappointment.  Anger.

Emotions were... difficult for Rasputin.  She knew of them, recognized them, and yes, even felt them.  But not correctly.  Not like most.

Faced with Jem's obvious despair, Rasputin struggled to come up with a response.  It also wasn't helping that the crystalline angles of Jem's transformed face were singing at her in a way that made her fingers itch.

"It sounds an unfair scenario," Rasputin nodded matter-of-factly.  "I would offer some form of retribution, but you don't seem the type to desire such."

Angles and slopes.  The subtle shifts in color as light sources shone across the surface.

"To stretch outside one's... borders is...."

Pen and ink would make hard lines.  But the colors.... pastels?

"Like vertigo.  Un... balanced.  Hard to... "

Geology minerals dirt transform human human crystal canvas human impossible human futile  crystal human open OPEN OPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOP-

"Your skin is very loud."

Rasputin's attempts to focus finally failed, her head tilting to the side as she stared intensely at Jem.  Her hands gripped the edge of the table almost harshly.

"Has anyone ever drawn it?"

PCU -  Metahuman Studies 

The class had just returned from break and had four very late students show up; Max, J Tom, Alex, and John. As the late players and cheerleader made there way to their seats Max saw Tori and gave a head nod smile hello, J-Tom had a slight scowl on her face and took Alexs seat as she pulled Max down to sit next to her with a smile. John saw what was happening and with his own grin sat down in J-Toms normal seat. This left Alex to stand around looking for empty seats either up front or in the back, Alex chose the back and sat down a few seats from Tori. As class resumed Alex just stared up at the ceiling after watching J-Tom pawing Max and Max Just sitting with his arm around Jenn. 

FBSA Home Page

PCU - Student Union 

On 8/7/2023 at 1:29 AM, VacaHombre said:

Rasputin's attempts to focus finally failed, her head tilting to the side as she stared intensely at Jem.  Her hands gripped the edge of the table almost harshly.

"Has anyone ever drawn it?"

Jem stopped  and shot a dirty look at Rasputin.

"Yea all the time in front of my house, on my school locker, On my Mom's car while she was at work, even my best friend stopped callin me. People drew me all the time and lets not forget the things they wrote with them: Mutie, Trollgirl, Freakazoid, Rockslag, Ya wanta hear more their are plenty."

Jem had returned to normal, It was obivious she was trying not to cry now. Gram had climbed back into the bib of the overalls and began purring and making biscuits on her.

FBSA Home Page

Grout looked up at the sudden aggressive tone, giving an angry, raspy growl.  Rasputin shoved her wool hat over it in a distracted manner.

Again she found herself confused.  Bullying had always been an alien concept to Rasputin.  The tendency for insults to fly right over her head usually frustrated most into giving up on getting a reaction from her.  And those who decided to take a more direct approach...

Well, they quickly found out THAT didn't work out for anyone.  Still, at least the city paid for the magical purification ceremony.

But she did know it existed and could now at least recognize the signs if she paid attention.  And while she didn't understand all the names Jem threw out, she knew a couple of them at least were definitely considered unkind.

"But you sing," Rasputin said, perplexed.  "Your presence sings of the earth and stars.  I have no reason to call you anything other than the name you've given me.  And if my desire to draw you has upset you, then I apologize."

"The.... " unable to put it into words, Rasputin moved her arms in a circular motion, framing Jem herself.  "It overwhelmed me.  I meant no offense, I simply wished to try and capture your... song."

PCU - Metahuman Studies Class

Tori took notice of the late arrivals. She hadn’t seen Max in a couple days and needed to catch up with him on stuff. She smiled and gave a little wave that was dampened when she saw one of the cute girls with him give her a scowl.

She wasn’t sure where that was coming from, but clearly the curvy, popular cheerleader types didn’t like the boyish, flat-chested, muscle-girl interacting with their property.

She shrugged and went back to her laptop to take notes.

Tori didn’t know Alex but saw that they had gotten bumped from the ‘cool kid’ crowd. She leaned over toward Alex and whispered.

“You want the notes from the first part of class? I can shoot you those and you can share them with Max as well.”

RP on Everlast: 

PCU - Student Union

Jem picked her head up and looked at Rasputin, tears streaked her face. 

13 hours ago, VacaHombre said:

"The.... " unable to put it into words, Rasputin moved her arms in a circular motion, framing Jem herself.  "It overwhelmed me.  I meant no offense, I simply wished to try and capture your... song."

"My song, I've never sang for you, You heard me sing before?"

Jem looked at her case and at Rasputin.

"You're not talking about my singing are you. I'm sorry I should have known that."

Jem sat looking at Rasputin.

"I um never looked at myself I barely look in mirrors at all. Why would you want to paint that?"

FBSA Home Page

1 hour ago, American Valor said:

"I um never looked at myself I barely look in mirrors at all. Why would you want to paint that?"

Rasputin rubbed her earlobes four times before returning her hands to the table, fingers tapping a nameless rhythm as she answered.

"I paint things I find important.  Things that are interesting, things that are unique, things that I like, things that are confusing.... "

Her gaze fell to her fidgeting fingers that suddenly stilled.

"I.... sometimes things are... lost.  They... slip out of my brain too easily.  Painting etches them in my memory.  Helps bury them in the creases."

Her gaze rose again.

"I would like to remember you."

7 hours ago, Tenaxa said:

“You want the notes from the first part of class? I can shoot you those and you can share them with Max as well.”

Alex looked in several directions before his eyes fell on Tori. Normally everyone talked to Max or one of the senior players. Alex gave her a quick smile and then.

"Me, I mean yes. Thanks, Umm , Oh I'm Young, #3. Alex Young, I play football, of course you know that, What's your name?"

Alex sat there trying not to look as stupid as he felt.

FBSA Home Page

Tori had to chuckle a bit at Alex. Poor kid wasn’t sure what to do. She wondered how he reacted when a girl that was actually pretty and curvy talked to him.

“Nice to meet you Alex, I’m Tori.” She gave him a smile. Knowing the syntax of the university email system Tori sent Alex her notes from the class so far.

“There you go, notes sent. So Young, #3, what position do you play and do you get to play regularly?”

RP on Everlast: 

PCU - Student Union 

On 8/11/2023 at 4:40 PM, VacaHombre said:

Her gaze rose again.

"I would like to remember you."

Jem kept looking at Rasputin pushing her food around with her fork.

"Ras, um you don't mind me calling you Ras, iffen you do I'll stop. I'm not some cute little thing, when I change I grow very big, glow and it's kinda overwhelming even for me. I would never hurt you, I promise but some people get very scared. I'm not sure I'd want ya to remember that. I would like ya to remember me tho."

Jem ate another bite and wiped her eyes with her tyedye longsleeve shirt.

FBSA Home Page

Even as Alex sat there his tablet chime.

10 hours ago, Tenaxa said:

“There you go, notes sent. So Young, #3, what position do you play and do you get to play regularly?”

"Thanks Tori, they will help alot. We had a Booster club meet and greet we all had to attend. Um... So I'm the back up QB, for the Bullet.  I do get to play tightend sometimes. I practice all the time with Max. He runs the plays with me."

Alex sorta sat back figuring this conversation was over as far as most students who followed the team were concerned Alex was a space holder, Max started and won games. To date Alex had ran two perfect plays aganist Virginia Tech during the 4th quarter setting up a scoring run of course Coach put Max in to score the touchdown. The Statesmen had won that game by 5 touchdowns. He smiled at Tori.

FBSA Home Page

2 hours ago, American Valor said:

"Ras, um you don't mind me calling you Ras, iffen you do I'll stop. "

"I do not mind," she said, shaking her head.

2 hours ago, American Valor said:

" I'm not some cute little thing, when I change I grow very big, glow and it's kinda overwhelming even for me. I would never hurt you, I promise but some people get very scared. I'm not sure I'd want ya to remember that. I would like ya to remember me tho."

"I do not wish to paint 'cute'; I wish to paint YOU."

Rasputin paused briefly to get her thoughts in order.

"The skin helps conduct, but only for the eye.  The paint cares not for the wrapping.  If you prefer the familiar meat of your normal form, that is fine.  The paint will capture your song no matter what guise you wear."

Rasputin wanted to reassure her new friend.  Friendly gestures.  A smile.  Start with left corner of mouth.  Raise right as well.  Balance both sides.

It was an awkward smile full of faintly yellow, crooked teeth, but it WAS a smile.  Grout, looking up at Rasputin's face in horror, gave a small retch of disgust.

PC- Library 

Liv finished shelving the first row of books and then went and grabbed a book cart.  She took the books off tha cart and stacked them on the study table then rolled the empty book cart back to the isle and just stacked the rest of the books haphazardly on the cart. The stacking was a work of art.

A few minutes later Liv was down stairs and waiting to talk to Ms Binks.

"Yes, young lady?"

Ms Binks said looking up at Liv.

"Ms Binks, you sent me to the wrong place."

Liv said bluntly.

Several students stopped working and look over at Liv who stood there in what Ms Binks would call floosy clothing, while snappin gum. Ms Binks looked at Liv intensely and let Liv's eyes follow hers to the sign listing many things including no gum. Ms Binks returned back to staring at Liv who pop a small bubble.

"YOUNG LADY."

Ms Binks said sternly and held out a trash can at Liv. Liv realized she must not be allowed to chew gum and spit it out. Ms Binks looked highly annoyed.

"Now the next time you come to the library please follow the rules. I believe you may have not given me the proper information. You were looking for Maps, treasure maps if I recall correctly. That is cartography. So I most certainly did not send you to the wrong place did I?"

Liv kinda just looked at her and whispered. "No mame, but you don't need to be so mean, I ain't done nothing to you."

A large crash came from upstairs followed by a louder, "Sorry I'll clean this up," Liv flinched still under the gaze of Ms Binks.

"Young lady you're in Miss Lopez's class correct?"

Ms Binks picks up a book off the bottom shelf and holds it out for Liv to see.

"Yes that the book she told us to get the Treasue Map book by that Roberts guy."

Liv reached out for it but Ms Binks pulled it back to her desk.

"Library card." 

Liv gave Ms Binks her card and while Ms Binks checked out the book to Olivia McCoulson, Ms Binks said.

"This is a fictional book written by Robert Louis Stevenson the title is Treasue Island you need to remember that it will be on your test."

Ms Binks finally passed her the book and Liv held it close then smiled. 

"Thank you, but your still a meanie." 

Liv raced out of the library hearing Ms Binks sternly shouting

"NO RUNNING OLIVIA!"

FBSA Home Page

13 hours ago, American Valor said:

"I do get to play tightend sometimes. I practice all the time with Max. He runs the plays with me."

Tori chuckled at “tight end” a little bit. “I’m sure you do.”

Tori wasn’t much of a football fan, but her dad was and so she’d picked up a fair amount of the game.

The professor droned on about various types of chimeric human-animal combinations, also known as ‘moreaus’. Tori knew so many cat-girls, fox-girls, rat-people, and even a monkey man, that she just saw them all as ‘people.’ Why all the distinctions and separations between chimerics and werefolk? Still partially paying attention and typing into her laptop, she continued to chat with Alex.

“Well that’s cool. You get some time to learn and get some experience. Plus I’m sure there’s other perks too.” She raised her eyebrows at him, indicating the women near Max. “Get a chance at some of the castoffs.”

She chuckled as she kidded Alex. Poor guy was living in a big shadow and likely had to put up with everyone worshipping Max and ignoring him. Tori realized she probably wasn’t helping either so decided to change the subject.

“So what do you do when you aren’t working out for football or going to class?”

*If he says go to parties, drink, and pick up girls, I am going to have to punch him.* Tori thought to herself, grinning and hoping Alex wasn’t that shallow.

RP on Everlast: 

PCU - Student Union

Jem smiled back at Rasputiin while finishing her salad.

"How long would it take? See todays A track.  I got classes for the rest of the day, next break will be this evening,"

Jem said with a slight frown. She was interested in what Rasputin had said. Then she remembered,

"Actually Ras between 4:15 and 5:00 Me and a couple of class mates get together and play a bit, you're welcome to Join us then you could hear me play, What doya  think?"

Jem's smile returned as she pulled out her notebook and wrote out the location where they would be at.

FBSA Home Page

Alex just smiled politely at the ribbin Tori was givin him.

On 8/15/2023 at 11:53 AM, Tenaxa said:

“So what do you do when you aren’t working out for football or going to class?”

"Seriously or Well ya know how it is; go to parties, drink and pick up all those um..." looks at Tori with a smirk "Castoff's. I believe that what ya said."

Alex grinned and then he became serious.

"I'm not a real party kinda guy if ypu're looking for an invite to one of Max's Bashes I can get you in no problem. It would be a Thank you for the notes."

Alex made the obivious check Tori out move because it appeared to him what was expected before contuining.

"My steady is Football, I go to events/parties Max or the coach say's to go to. Otherwise I'm in the gym, the ball pit or practice field running plays. I am a quarterback. I plan on going to the Show. My uncle was in the show for many years thats my plan too, My competions is Max, and he knows it. So I'm not a Joyboy he wins that all by himself."

Alex shut up quickly, kicking himself for spouting off. Alex returned to making shorthand notes.

"Sorry about that."

FBSA Home Page

Rasputin gave herself a psychological pat on the back.  Jem was smiling again, so her attempts to 'cheer up' must have been successful.  She couldn't wait to tell her case worker about it.

"I can get down what I need in half an hour," she answered Jem's question.  "My hours are... flexible, so whenever is best for you is fine."

1 hour ago, American Valor said:

"Actually Ras between 4:15 and 5:00 Me and a couple of class mates get together and play a bit, you're welcome to Join us then you could hear me play, What doya  think?"

Couple.  Two more people.  Three all together.  Potential exposure time, 45 minutes.  Two strangers risks heightened aura bleed, but risk IS reduced by half thanks to presence of known factor (aka Jem).

Encounter falls within safety parameters.  Also, MAGI is always pleased when she interacts with others on a social basis.

"That sounds interesting," Rasputin nodded.  "If your compatriots don't mind, I believe I would enjoy attending."

Tori scoffed at Alex’s offer to get invites to Max’s parties.

“Alex, if I needed an invite to Max’s parties, I’d just ask him myself.”

She let that sink in.

“Yeah, I know, I don’t look like the typical floozy that hangs around Max. I’m not.” She gave a wry grin. “But I do know him. Much to the chagrin of his…other female friends.”

Tori continued to take notes, resisting correcting the professor based on her real-world knowledge.

“Alex, it is admirable that you work so hard at football. I do the same with…uh, some stuff. But you gotta have a life too.” She shrugs. “But hope you can get your shot.”

RP on Everlast: 

PCU - Student Union

On 8/16/2023 at 10:02 PM, VacaHombre said:

"That sounds interesting," Rasputin nodded.  "If your compatriots don't mind, I believe I would enjoy attending."

Jem grinned at Raz and quick;y finished her salad putting the leftover bit of Tuna in a napkin inside her bib with Gram.

"Okay well remember we meet just outside the Reeve building other side of the Drama Cafe. They have a nice coffee bar inside if you drink coffee."

Jem smiled then stopped she remembered the hand shake and wasn't sure it a hug was good, Jem looked at Rasputin and then gave her a respectfull bow.

"It was very nice to meet you Rasputin and you too Grout. Hope to see ya later. Don't forget me okay."

Jem then picked up her bag and gutiar case and with a small mew from Gram they head to class waving  bye to Razputin...

FBSA Home Page

The professor droned on about moreaus very few students rasied their hands or interupted the professor, If the question wasn't worded correctly or the interruptiom was just that the professor would chastize and belittle the student never answering the question and then it would appear on the test.

Max sat back and glanced behind him to see Alex and Tori talking. Max smiled focusing on the professor and the provided addtional information and insight into those people. 

J-Tom focused on the professor and the chalk board. She had learned to read the professors notes. J-Tom had copied all the important things and then all the professors repeat words and once he had said a word three times it would appear on the test.

John Gauge sat reading a book from his bag that had nothing to do with the class. He kept the bag on his desk the pencil mic always pointed at the professor as the camera filmed the class.

Alex Young had stopped taking notes, Who did this girl 'Tori' think she was, and why did it bother him what she thought. He knew why it did.

"Can you not tell Max what I said." Alex looked at Tori.

FBSA Home Page