Voltak's Fortunata geared for ITF 4 star - tested and proven.

Voltak

A few notes

Even with some of the defense from Mask Presence gone, you have 77.7% defense to range in this build. 
That's excellent for the ITF 4 Star. 

Your Vengeance should be perma (assuming a dead team mate body is available)

Please remember to use Vengeance any time someone dies, you or a defender should be the ones using this since the both of you have the highest number modifiers for this power. 

If your endurance issues are going to be covered in the team, switch to Musculature Alpha for dmg or Nerve Core for added defense boosts for your self and the whole team. 
I don't recommend agility because it will interfere with proc rates. 
Your default is Cardiac Core
Destiny --  

Barrier or Rebirth (preference for Barrier for META 4 star runs as long as your healing is covered by teammates) 

Hybrid - Assault Radial 

Without using Aim, you should be sitting at 65% dmg buff (or so) in this build. 
With accolades, you should be at 1606 Hitpoints. 

Special notes

You should be providing 28% Defense buffs to yourself and the team. 
You are providing 30% dmg buff
You are providing more than enough To Hit buffs for your team. 

PSY dmg rocks in the ITF.  It is the least resisted dmg. 

One single defense shield on you and you are going to be near or over 100% defense. 

HOVER/ FLY is your best defense. 
But don't worry, if you are ever caught in melee range, just remember your melee defenses are even higher than your range defenses.

The problem is all defense debuffs in the ITF are coming from melee attacks, so be extremely careful. 
Cimerorans are like piranhas.  They can quickly chew your defenses to the red zone if they get in melee range. 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Mentalizta PVE: Level 50 Science Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(3), ExpStr-Dam%(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), GldJvl-Dam%(5), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(7)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(A), RedFrt-EndRdx(7), RedFrt-Def(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(11), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(11)
Level 2: Subdue -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), Apc-Dam%(13), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(13), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Apc-Dmg(17)
Level 4: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 6: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit(17), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(21), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(21), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(23), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(48)
Level 8: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(23), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def(27), RedFrt-EndRdx(27)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29)
Level 12: Dominate -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), GldJvl-Dam%(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), UnbCns-Dam%(33)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29)
Level 16: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A)
Level 20: Tactical Training: Leadership -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(43), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(43), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(43), AdjTrg-ToHit(46)
Level 22: Foresight -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(34), RedFrt-Def(34), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(34), RedFrt-EndRdx(36), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 24: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 26: Mind Link -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(36), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-Def(37), RedFrt-EndRdx(39)
Level 28: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 35: Confuse -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf(42), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(42), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(45), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 38: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(50), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(50), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Tactical Training: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(19), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(19), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(42)
Level 50: Born In Battle 
Level 50: Demonic Aura 
Level 50: Elusive Mind 
Level 50: Force of Nature 
Level 50: High Pain Threshold 
Level 50: Invader 
Level 50: Marshal 
Level 50: Megalomaniac 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 

------------
------------

BELOW ARE THE NEW ITF (ADVANCED settings) VIDEOS 

Edited by Voltak
  • Thumbs Up 8

• 3 weeks later

I got to say that the lack of healing is one of the reasons I don't play Fortunatas. I played a Widow for a bit with Aid-Self and it was fine for regular play but trying to do Hami while it seemed to ignore my defenses was too much and I dropped out.

Some small suggestions:

- You have a Numina end/rech in Health. I think everyone will know what you meant to slot there but, just in case. Someone mathed that a Panaceia proc beats either procs in terms of endurance recovery. For regular play I'd trade the Preventive Medecine proc for it, but for super hard play I suppose it has a place for that extra bit of survival (the game is a lot about stacking small things).

- Since you have zero AoE outside of your nuke I'd consider trading one of the damage procs in TK Blast for a FF proc to help shaving those 40 seconds down. The fast animation and recharge would not have it firing very often, but, either proc there is not terribly useful for the same reason and for their damage types anyway (Toxic is widely resisted as is Smash)

- The -damage and terrorize proc might not be super helpful but the dmg/rch one in Psychic Wail is way way past ED anyway, might as well slot it in since you'll lose nothing.

- There is a -very- fractional gain in swapping the slotting from Mask Presence to Weave. Very fractional though, just a bit of endurance reduction on the heavier toggle and a bit less of 1% gain in extra defense.

- The BotZ in Fly could be changed for a Winter's Gift 20% slow resist (I initially thought you meant to slot a -KB in there but Fortunatas have CC protection toggles).

- The slotting between Maneuvers and Foresight could be swapped. It is another miniscule gain in defense (about half percent) but more importantly Foresight is an auto that does not make use of the staggering endurance reduction stats the full set affords, while Maneuvers is a decently hefty toggle.

- The same applies to Combat Training: Defense auto and any other defensive toggle such as Weave.

- Could trade one Unbreakable Guard in Tough for the +HP proc. It's about 100 HP.

- The Reactive Defenses resist proc is missing. I can see how those 3% were not considered crucial when you're defense based and starved for slots though.

None of these are game breaking and are tiny tiny min maxes at best but since it's a min maxed built maybe you can incorporate them.

There are things I would not do like six slotting the Red Fortunes. Cutting them in half and throwing a few BotZ two slots around would give more slots to play with. Hasten is already at 5 seconds from being perma without even a team using Ageless or that FF proc mentioned above so chasing recharge does not seem strictly necessary if wanting a few more slots to play around with.

I would not have taken both Assaults either since despite being 30% on paper it's probably more like a bit less than 10% for both, which, fair, 10% for the whole team, but it's a bit of a drop of water (this is a case of hitting something with both Assaults on, then toggling them off, hit the same thing again, then calculate the percentage from the difference. On a Tanker the 15% Assault was a bit less than 5% but I did not do this on a Fortunata). For a character based on support this is probably sacrilege though, but mathematically speaking the gains just don't seem useful. In return for not taking both Assaults perhaps Evasive Maneuvers for more speed in combat or moving between packs or missions as well as being another recipient for two slot BotZ. The other could be Leadership for yet more team wide accuracy to help get over hard mode defenses.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1

• 7 months later
On 10/4/2022 at 6:04 PM, Sovera said:

I got to say that the lack of healing is one of the reasons I don't play Fortunatas. I played a Widow for a bit with Aid-Self and it was fine for regular play but trying to do Hami while it seemed to ignore my defenses was too much and I dropped out.

Some small suggestions:

- You have a Numina end/rech in Health. I think everyone will know what you meant to slot there but, just in case. Someone mathed that a Panaceia proc beats either procs in terms of endurance recovery. For regular play I'd trade the Preventive Medecine proc for it, but for super hard play I suppose it has a place for that extra bit of survival (the game is a lot about stacking small things).

- Since you have zero AoE outside of your nuke I'd consider trading one of the damage procs in TK Blast for a FF proc to help shaving those 40 seconds down. The fast animation and recharge would not have it firing very often, but, either proc there is not terribly useful for the same reason and for their damage types anyway (Toxic is widely resisted as is Smash)

- The -damage and terrorize proc might not be super helpful but the dmg/rch one in Psychic Wail is way way past ED anyway, might as well slot it in since you'll lose nothing.

- There is a -very- fractional gain in swapping the slotting from Mask Presence to Weave. Very fractional though, just a bit of endurance reduction on the heavier toggle and a bit less of 1% gain in extra defense.

- The BotZ in Fly could be changed for a Winter's Gift 20% slow resist (I initially thought you meant to slot a -KB in there but Fortunatas have CC protection toggles).

- The slotting between Maneuvers and Foresight could be swapped. It is another miniscule gain in defense (about half percent) but more importantly Foresight is an auto that does not make use of the staggering endurance reduction stats the full set affords, while Maneuvers is a decently hefty toggle.

- The same applies to Combat Training: Defense auto and any other defensive toggle such as Weave.

- Could trade one Unbreakable Guard in Tough for the +HP proc. It's about 100 HP.

- The Reactive Defenses resist proc is missing. I can see how those 3% were not considered crucial when you're defense based and starved for slots though.

None of these are game breaking and are tiny tiny min maxes at best but since it's a min maxed built maybe you can incorporate them.

There are things I would not do like six slotting the Red Fortunes. Cutting them in half and throwing a few BotZ two slots around would give more slots to play with. Hasten is already at 5 seconds from being perma without even a team using Ageless or that FF proc mentioned above so chasing recharge does not seem strictly necessary if wanting a few more slots to play around with.

I would not have taken both Assaults either since despite being 30% on paper it's probably more like a bit less than 10% for both, which, fair, 10% for the whole team, but it's a bit of a drop of water (this is a case of hitting something with both Assaults on, then toggling them off, hit the same thing again, then calculate the percentage from the difference. On a Tanker the 15% Assault was a bit less than 5% but I did not do this on a Fortunata). For a character based on support this is probably sacrilege though, but mathematically speaking the gains just don't seem useful. In return for not taking both Assaults perhaps Evasive Maneuvers for more speed in combat or moving between packs or missions as well as being another recipient for two slot BotZ. The other could be Leadership for yet more team wide accuracy to help get over hard mode defenses.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to write and thanks for the intention to help.  
I think I should shed some light to you and help you understand me better.  
I think your intentions are good but you lacking a bit of my vision and understanding of my intent. 
So here I go -->

I have a Night Widow build and a Fortunata build. 

The problem with Widows is trying to do what I have been able to do with my Fortunata. 
The widow's ceiling for being able to do... it's lower than the Fortunata 

The build here is tailored for 

1. When I was aiming to do Solo the classic ITF , +4x8, no inspirations, no deaths. 
That aim was achieved.  The widow has ZERO chance to do that.  Being melee means you are exposed to the heavy defense debuffs which abound in the ITF, in the old version of the ITF , it was worse, since the white dwarf also debuffed you in melee range. 

2. For team play doing the ITF four star and AEON on relentless and the 801s series and other high challenge AE content. 
Again, for team, it's a waste to go for First Aid.  Dropping to many good powers or options to get that First Aid.  Not worth it. 
The team is already covering you for that.  

Fortunata's positional defenses and the virtue of being in range provides a vastly bigger defense instrument which Widows simply cannot take avvantage of. 
First Aid... I never needed it, don't miss it at all. 
So for the purpose of the build I don't recommend any player dropping anything in this build to get First Aid. 

Panacea does not beat the Preventive Medicine Proc at higher hard core mode content.  Preventive medicine wins. 
There is no Numina IO in my build.  Only the Miracle proc.   THat's for Endurance 

No, will not skip the dmg procs for an FF+ recharge proc.   I have plenty of recharge already.  I am in a good zone with the recharge. 
Never missed the FF proc and don't think I will ever.  

In gameplay, the AoE nuke comes up plenty, in hard mode content, it's up when needed since mobs take a bit longer to kill.  By the time we get to the new groups, it's up. 

The IOs in Psychic they are just fine, nothing wrong.  The fear proc does absolutely nothing for me.  If I dont slot it, I am not losing anything at all. 

The BoTZ IO s in my travel power... I take them for the defense buff, the set bonuses.    I am not changing them to lose the defense bonus they provide which I sough on purpose to get.   Don't need any slow resist in this build for the content I do.  I do want those defense bonuses , not the slow resist 

I am not going to change the slotting of Mask Presence for the Weave IOs.   When I exempt down I want the bonuses which are on Mask Presence.  Those bonuses I need and want a lot more.  So if I drop those , then I lose the bonuses .  That makes no sense at all

Again, I am not going to swap the IOs sets in Maneuvers and trade them for the ones in Foresight.  
I want those bonuses at those respective levels since those powers are picked at different levels.   Changing them means losing them at the moment when I want.  
And losing that makes no sense again.  

Same thing goes for Combat Training 

I am not going to change the set in Tough.  I want those specific bonuses.   If I let them go, I lose those bonuses, the defense bonuses. TO me that's more valuable than the HP bonus.  I already have a good amount of HP.    

"The Reactive Defenses resist proc is missing. I can see how those 3% were not considered crucial when you're defense based and starved for slots though." 

No, it is in the build.  I somehow clicked the wrong IO in Mids.  But I have the Reactive defense proc in the actual build 

I want the bonuses from Red Fortune. I am not going to drop those either.  Those are the bonuses I am going after. 

I am going to keep both assaults on the build.  Every little bit of dmg buff helps, especially since I don't play with inspirations and for cases when I have no kin.    
Both assaults are better than one assault.  Every little bit I can throw in , the better for me. 

I think you think this build is only for level 50 content.  If you think that, then you are mistaken.  
I dont know, I am not sure.  

The build is just fine for the hard mode content I do and for the various kinds of stuff I do at lower levels.

If I post another build on the forums and you want to try to offer improvements, send me a message or post a question on the thread on how I intend to do with the build and what circumstances or conditions I plan on taking the build through.   That way I can help you better see my vision and understand my aims and my plans on how to do them. 

I can help you better and understanding me.  

Edited by Voltak
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't feel much of a need to offer suggestions on a build that has obvious success, but here is what I shared in email. It is specific about the choice of Dominate. I recognize how easy it is to add %damage to that attack, and I can see what Thunderstrike is offering... and I have done something similar with my Fortunata (in the past)... it's just that whenever I am casting Dominate as a single-target attack in large spawn combat, it feels like such a waste-of-time! Using it for stacking Holds is a different, but rare use... see my comments below.

Unless Dominate is serving double-duty as some sort of "single target snipe", I would absolutely use 2 pieces (plus the %damage) of Gladiator's Net to boost Accuracy, Hold and Endurance cost and take the extra Endurance set bonus.... otherwise, if it is mostly used as a damaging attack, I think I'd replace it with an cone AoE (Psychic Scream), primarily because in pretty much all large-spawn, non-hard-mode content the issue I have with Fortunatas is that they aren't great at quickly and repeatedly nuking (all enemies in) large spawns... so having a cone AoE to hit multiple enemy targets (with additional %damage) seems to be more valuable to me (for more content). 3 pieces of Artillery is only providing +0.94 Ranged Defense as opposed to Thunderstrike's +1.25 value, so ignoring the effect of an unbootsed Hold (current slotting) I think the thing to weigh is faster defeat times against spawns with more aggro versus the slight extra chances of enemies to land ranged attacks.

----

To be honest, the ONLY thing I would do differently with your build (and goals) involves Dominate, but it costs a little of that precious extra Ranged Defense:

Level 12: Dominate -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), GldJvl-Dam%(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), UnbCns-Dam%(33)

I almost always three-slot (and boost) Gladiator's Net Acc/Hold, 4x, %Lethal. I know the value a long duration Mag 3 Hold can bring, so I am assuming this is why you have this at level 12. I actually dropped Dominate in my post-page 5 builds, as I was somewhat unimpressed with the single-target damage.

Me, I always consider Psychic Scream for hitting more targets. With your goals I might go:

1. Bombardment %Fire
  2. Positron %Energy
  3. Javelin %Lethal
  4. Artillery Acc/Dam
  5. Artillery Dam/End
  6. Artillery End/Recharge/Range

You lose a little bit of Ranged Defense, but you could be hitting more targets. Obviously with the content you are completing, you don't need to make such a change, but it might make the Synapes go faster!

On 5/26/2023 at 10:32 AM, tidge said:

I don't feel much of a need to offer suggestions on a build that has obvious success, but here is what I shared in email. It is specific about the choice of Dominate. I recognize how easy it is to add %damage to that attack, and I can see what Thunderstrike is offering... and I have done something similar with my Fortunata (in the past)... it's just that whenever I am casting Dominate as a single-target attack in large spawn combat, it feels like such a waste-of-time! Using it for stacking Holds is a different, but rare use... see my comments below.

Unless Dominate is serving double-duty as some sort of "single target snipe", I would absolutely use 2 pieces (plus the %damage) of Gladiator's Net to boost Accuracy, Hold and Endurance cost and take the extra Endurance set bonus.... otherwise, if it is mostly used as a damaging attack, I think I'd replace it with an cone AoE (Psychic Scream), primarily because in pretty much all large-spawn, non-hard-mode content the issue I have with Fortunatas is that they aren't great at quickly and repeatedly nuking (all enemies in) large spawns... so having a cone AoE to hit multiple enemy targets (with additional %damage) seems to be more valuable to me (for more content). 3 pieces of Artillery is only providing +0.94 Ranged Defense as opposed to Thunderstrike's +1.25 value, so ignoring the effect of an unbootsed Hold (current slotting) I think the thing to weigh is faster defeat times against spawns with more aggro versus the slight extra chances of enemies to land ranged attacks.

----

To be honest, the ONLY thing I would do differently with your build (and goals) involves Dominate, but it costs a little of that precious extra Ranged Defense:

I almost always three-slot (and boost) Gladiator's Net Acc/Hold, 4x, %Lethal. I know the value a long duration Mag 3 Hold can bring, so I am assuming this is why you have this at level 12. I actually dropped Dominate in my post-page 5 builds, as I was somewhat unimpressed with the single-target damage.

Me, I always consider Psychic Scream for hitting more targets. With your goals I might go:

1. Bombardment %Fire
  2. Positron %Energy
  3. Javelin %Lethal
  4. Artillery Acc/Dam
  5. Artillery Dam/End
  6. Artillery End/Recharge/Range

You lose a little bit of Ranged Defense, but you could be hitting more targets. Obviously with the content you are completing, you don't need to make such a change, but it might make the Synapes go faster!

I want the defensive bonuses of the set I have on Dominate.   I am trying to get the range defenses as high as I can.   
Dominate is there as a chain , a very fast chain.  
Makes no sense to me to 

1. Lose the defense numbers 
2. Lose the very fast attacking chain I have and replacing that with the AoE. 

3. I am losing DPS/DPA. 

I stated earlier, I won't reduce the defense numbers I have on range especially. 
For 4 stars , this toon needs to be as high as I can on my own on defense.  

The soft cap of 45% in normal game content is largely nullified in hard mode 

It is vital for me to go for 70% defense on everything and more if I can. 

ITF 4 stars shreds 45% defenses and anything below incarnate level defenses. 

WE have been on speed runs and when my fortunate is the only one alive to finish the last cysts , she needs all the defenses she can get to get the job done. 

In 801s as well, the normal defense soft cap gets shredded. 

As close as I can get her to the hard cap ( I Know I cannot on my own) but as much as I can do my part to push her there, the better.