hard mode

WitchofDread

As an exclusive grav/_ troller, I've had a lot of success w/dimension shift and team teleport. You need to make sure other players are aware, but I've saved so many ppl by dropping dimension on the tank and team teleporting multiple people who were within seconds of death from adds.

It helps to have a chat function added to your dimension shift and telling your team about it before fighting the first time so they know to properly respond to it. That takes dimension shift from a liability power to one of the strongest in the game. And more importantly, from a power you feel concerned about ever clicking to one you actively use right when off cd.

Also, yes, dropping aoe's inside of dimension shift is great, but they need to be 'location' aoe's and not 'target' aoes. At least in my experience, 'target' aoes get recked by the dimension shift inside-outside issue. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, existential1 said:

Also, yes, dropping aoe's inside of dimension shift is great, but they need to be 'location' aoe's and not 'target' aoes. At least in my experience, 'target' aoes get recked by the dimension shift inside-outside issue. 

I think we're all on the same page here.  They're powers where you place the Reticle on a spot (location not critter), patches rather than say Fireball which is aimed directly at a foe.  Off the top of my head the big difference is they create a pseudo pet (and it's inside the shifted area) which Fireball and Stalagmites do not.  Just old and not quite accurate terminology one is a Targeted AoE the others are simply AoEs or PBAoEs to this old geezer from times before well gone.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Clarity
  • Like 2

Dimension Shift -> Oil Slick is great.  IIRC you can also Wormhole a group *into* the Dimension Shift as well.  The two downsides (for Grav Controllers) are 1) Dimension Shift only lasts for 20 seconds, it's not a lot of time to put it up and then launch attacks/port enemies into it and 2) Controllers can be hard pressed to kill all mobs within that 20 second window

However, add in a team that is willing to work with the Grav Controller? To misquote that Scottish play: Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble - Welcome to my Cauldron of DOOM

• Like 1