Temporary Mids update to plan builds with the new sets on Beta

Vanden

Naturally, Mids has not yet received a proper update for the new page 5 proliferations, or the level changes for powers, but you can use this database file as a temporary update to plan builds using Seismic Blast and Stone Armor for Sentinels, and Illusion Control for Dominators. Most of the powers don't have effects listed, but Stone Armor does have accurate defense and damage resistance values, and so does Superior Invisibility for Doms. Please use this to help you test, test, test!

Click here to download the temporary Mids Page 5 database update

To install this, find the folder where you have Mids installed, then:

1. Find the folder "Data," and in that folder, the folder "Homecoming"

2. In the "Homecoming" folder, BACK UP THE FILE "i12.mhd"

3. Copy the file from the link above into the "Homecoming" folder

And with that, you should have access to the new sets in Mids.

Note: Sometimes this can make Mids stop launching properly. If after adding this file, you find that Mids is supposedly running, but you can't see it, try going to the "Data" folder again and deleting the file "Config.json." This will often resolve that issue.

• Thanks 1

I have the latest MRB, release 3.4.7 with HC database 2022.9.227.  I swapped in your i27p5beta db file.  On starting I got this fatal error.  I swapped back to the original db file and MRB started okay.

Tried it again along with removing the existing Config.json.  Got the same error.

20221006a_MRB.Vanden.i27p5beta_db.start_error.1.png.5bb03a772ec059894dc4a2f65afc6bb2.png20221006a_MRB.Vanden.i27p5beta_db.start_error.2.png.9e5232cc8d59f2ca1655e42e8f68e972.png

Edited by Jacke

Unfortunately, it looks like this doesn't work with the newest version of Mids. If you have an older version (3.2.17 is the version I use it with), it should work fine, but if you've updated in the last 4 months or so, you might be out of luck unless you still have an older version somewhere.