Claw/Fire farmer with i27p5

kelika2

Might be the new toptier.  Not so much about Follow Up + Burn, but fast animating and fast recharging AoEs.  Shockwave is sweet with KB2KD

And now that you can select a level 41 epic pool power at level 38 you might not have to waste a slot now for dark oblit or fireball

Except the plans to double the recharge time for burn and pretty much nerf procs for it and more, mean that fire farming with it will be less effective/slower damage total output.

Famers will still tend to use ball lightning and fences due to their aoe as well....

Only -good- news is that they're changing Fire melee abilities to be pure fire only with no lethal so farms' mobs will be all fire resist and not split between lethal fire.  So farmers can return to focusing on fire resistance, fire defense and positional defenses and with the change to cremate adding a knock down but fire getting one power with kb protection means an important hole's going to be filled there too.

My take with your consideration for claw though is that it wont out perform still though rad/  due to its irradiated ground, the power set's contaminated proc and the sets general -def either. even with the 10 second nerf.  

So if anything, Spines now may have come out even better.  All in all this is 100% categorically an intentional change to discourage farming as a whole still though.  People have been saying their intentions for procs were coming.

Edited by Sanguinesun

8 hours ago, Sanguinesun said:

Except the plans to double the recharge time for burn and pretty much nerf procs for it and more, mean that fire farming with it will be less effective/slower damage total output.

People forget that Rise of the Phoenix is a gigantic burn patch and when slotted for KB2KD its just another attack.  mostly for my blasters.

With the recent live patch allowing things over the agro limit to attack you being under 75% in a farm isnt that uncommon these days.

And on beta now, Phoenix Rising is pretty devastating.

Spines, while a nice starter farmer thing because double damage auras has crap animation times for Burst and other things like Impale.  Meanwhile claws gets that passive damage boost from Follow up and super fast aoe animations

This requires taking RofP. In farming builds it wasn't being taken because people weren't looking to farm with a build which was ideally faceplanting. I'm just glad I all but retired from dual boxing before Page 4.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

4 hours ago, kelika2 said:

People forget that Rise of the Phoenix is a gigantic burn patch and when slotted for KB2KD its just another attack.  mostly for my blasters.

With the recent live patch allowing things over the agro limit to attack you being under 75% in a farm isnt that uncommon these days.

And on beta now, Phoenix Rising is pretty devastating.

Spines, while a nice starter farmer thing because double damage auras has crap animation times for Burst and other things like Impale.  Meanwhile claws gets that passive damage boost from Follow up and super fast aoe animations

So let's think on this then in a different way to perhaps help folks start to look at how to (at least for the active farmers since this wont really help afk farmers perhaps).

Damage output from power activations for a given set of time and  endurance costs for output.

If we work from the premise of a typical farm's 20 mob cluster as a goal to down., then the above ratio of damage output per activation - in x  time - endurance cost for that output. And when I say typical farm's 20 mobs I mean the current highest exp/influence ones, not alternative farms made by some.

That ratio is the key.

What are the numbers that are for the higher end builds of Rad/fire now?

What are the numbers that are for the same higher end builds on the test server?

Once knowing those differences:

What are the numbers for current non Rad/ builds commonly used:

Claws/Fire

Spines/Fire

What then are potential numbers for other alternative builds that could also become potential contenders as well with the above ratio of statistics?

---

As for Pheonix Rising, data numbers on it on test I've not looked/see details of on the forums and that would be important to see how it would be a potential factor for adding to a chain for /fire or not.   Currently on live though at 300s recharge, it'd take a 400% recharge build to just get it to 60s and thus not necessarily be a viable addition to damage dealing.  Also since the power's damage output according to the patch notes increases as the player's health goes down AND cant be activated unless the player is at 75% health or lower, then it means its more situational in use and potentially not worth the effort to add(Especially if the recharge is still 300s).  Again, I've not tested it so I don't know.

3 hours ago, Sanguinesun said:

So let's think on this then in a different way to perhaps help folks start to look at how to (at least for the active farmers since this wont really help afk farmers perhaps).

----

The first word in this thread was "might"

I went and briefly tested some of the changes currently being seen for the fire sets.

Breath of Fire is doing its initial hit plus now a whopping 45 ticks of dot damage.  Stacked with multiple mobs using it that hit you and its just inane.

Other attacks dot's too are longer and....

The -defense from the fire sword attacks are causing -defense cascading pretty quick even if chewing purples.

The burn recharge doubling means on a typical fight for most builds on a 20 group mob set its now only available half the time or worse(since one may be actively using other powers.   It completely breaks previous attack chains leaving gaps to be using other powers that may cause a faster endurance drain.

And that's important, the activation and damage with burn was a relatively low ratio for the total attack chain, having now to apply more attacks (or just sit there thumb twiddling) means more endurance lost which then throws off even more (for example if you have your endurance gaining previously paced differently). 

All in all its a mess.

Edit:  Looked at Phoenix Rising.

Same recharge time as live's version: 5min/300s before modifying.   So even with the best recharge rate 400%, 1min/60 seconds is about the lowest someone can get it and even then, its damage scaling up only if you're in trouble doesn't make it a reasonable addition to an attack chain and thus doesn't fill the void by the doubling of burns recharge.

Edited by Sanguinesun

6 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

The first word in this thread was "might"

Sure, so as I'm saying lets explore that with more actual data and help sort it.   My answer to the intentional changes to discourage farming is work more to help folks farm more and more efficiently, basically.

• Like 1