Werewolf By Night

So this little curiosity has been unleashed upon an unsuspecting world in time for the witching season… the crossing of worlds… Samhain… what you …mortals… refer to… as… Hallowee-

[FX/GRAMS: thundersheet, chains in howling gale, maniacal distant laughter]
…thank you, quite enough of that, Michael.

Directorial debut for insane genius Michael Giacchino, it’s a more than slightly tongue in cheek piece in terms of script and action. But an absolute paean to black and white horror flicks, with so many classic touches - slits of light or pinhole lights highlighting a character’s eyes, low-angle beast shots,  the shadowplay, lovingly replicated film grain even down to the reel change blips.

In Marvel terms, it also introduces Elsa Bloodstone. She may or may not be a one-shot, but  Feige said a number of things in the show would be important going forwards. (Unless he was joking). The character has teamed up with a number of Marvel heroes previously including the Defenders, Nextwave, The Midnight Sons… and one Jessica Jones.

I wonder…

…Anyway. It’s a mad little creation - only the tuba was OTT for me - but fun as all hell, genuinely scared my partner and clearly a labour of love. 

Oh, and say hi to Ted if you see him. He owes me a Kirin.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver
  • Thumbs Down 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I gotta say, it was a little disorienting to watch it in black and white. I enjoyed it regardless though. More Monsters!!

I loved the B&W - and the colourisation sequence to Over The Rainbow, which is also a neat little gag.

• Thumbs Up 2

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

I really enjoyed this one. The nods to classic Hammer horror films were great. It also left me wondering how much it would cost to turn my corpse into an animatronic and have it sit up and start berating people at my funeral service.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper