Symphony pet, Reverberant...do you like it? Why?

Wavicle

Reverberant is only as good as the powers you take and how effective you make those powers.   As the description of it says, it basically echos a lesser version of the power you just used.

So if you for example have not taking many powers in the set or simply do not use those powers often due to favoring use of secondary or other powers, then it just bobs around like a passive pet.   

So if you want to make it more effective, you have to use your primary powers in the set more often to get it to do the same.

That can be advantageous when you want a second hit of what you've done before, but unfortunately some of the powers you use may not have a need for a second application of it immediately after you've hit mobs with it, rendering the effectivity of the pet in those instances, less.

It also tends to be less helpful on fast moving teams due to content going down before it echo's your attacks or due to getting stuck due to pathing.

So basically you have to think on it more like a situationally useful second/double hit with less effect power vs a "pet" that has an ai that actively chooses powers to hit specific targets with.

On 10/11/2022 at 7:11 AM, Sanguinesun said:

Reverberant is only as good as the powers you take and how effective you make those powers.   As the description of it says, it basically echos a lesser version of the power you just used.

So if you for example have not taking many powers in the set or simply do not use those powers often due to favoring use of secondary or other powers, then it just bobs around like a passive pet.   

So if you want to make it more effective, you have to use your primary powers in the set more often to get it to do the same.

That can be advantageous when you want a second hit of what you've done before, but unfortunately some of the powers you use may not have a need for a second application of it immediately after you've hit mobs with it, rendering the effectivity of the pet in those instances, less.

It also tends to be less helpful on fast moving teams due to content going down before it echo's your attacks or due to getting stuck due to pathing.

So basically you have to think on it more like a situationally useful second/double hit with less effect power vs a "pet" that has an ai that actively chooses powers to hit specific targets with.

So, basically, it's best used against stronger enemies since they tend to not only sit in one general area, but also have more resistances to control effects. So it's like getting a proc that adds an additional magnitude to the effect you just used.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later

Enh.  Reverb is good, but for real power, you need overdrive distortion.

1517805880_ds1_gal1.thumb.jpg.c799b3001b2ddfb51ef86551be8ccabc.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

I tried the pet for a few lvls and didnt like it all, not only for what it offers on attacks, also because i dont understand how it fits on the Symphony theme other than the name "Reverb". Theme wise i would prefer a pet called Echo stacking -def debuffs  and holds or 3/4 little pets as the Imps called Orchestra (instead of imps i would suggest animated musical instruments as violins, trumpets etc) using small soundwaves on targets.

My 2 cents.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2022 at 6:56 PM, MistressOhm said:

1517805880_ds1_gal1.thumb.jpg.c799b3001b2ddfb51ef86551be8ccabc.jpg

I still have that exact pedal.  Sounds great with my original 1986 BC Rich Mockingbird NJ.  😁

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present