The On Hold thread

Ukase

You know, I've seen a lot of people post lately that "the moderators aren't singling out your post, you replied to a post that was deleted so it automatically deleted your post as well." Ok, the only problem with that statement is that it isn't true.

Here's an example of a post that was deleted, but the reply was not:

All you have to do is click on the little arrow in the upper right hand corner of his post and you'll see that the post that he's quoting was deleted, but his reply/quote was not.

So understand that if they want to delete your post but not "accidentally" delete all of the replies they can. What I've just linked to proves that.

Edited by PeregrineFalcon
Fixed the link

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

To be honest, if it was GMs who deleted the post I will admit I am surprised I didn't get myself cleaned up.

However, I want to remain skeptical. Cause as Troo proved, anyone can hide their posts.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

EDIT: Never mind. I just had to fix the link.

Edited by PeregrineFalcon
Link broke.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

fwiw - If the poster deleted their own post, that most likely would not delete the quotes of the deleted post. 

Wouldn't be the first time a forum member removed their own content resulting in an assumption it had been staff moderated. 😉

Note ... if ...

🍻

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.