Add an Alpha slot ability that increases Knockback.

Indystruck

Well, not really, it gives one the choice of using up slots to do it in a few powers or using up your Alpha slot, which could in theory also be boosting many other things. Like you can currently slot for damage, or you can slot less damage with the knowledge that you're using the Alpha slot to make up the difference.

Not that I'm saying it'd just be KB/Interrupt, but I'm not sure what else to put in there off the top of my head.

@Twi - Phobia on Everlasting

The difference is that existing Alpha powers can supplement how you enhance your powers. Having an Alpha slot that converts KB to KD does not supplement anything. It replaces the existing enhancement sets that exist for that purpose. So, no.

On 10/10/2022 at 8:38 PM, Indystruck said:

Not that I'm saying it'd just be KB/Interrupt, but I'm not sure what else to put in there off the top of my head.

KB and damage, which would be a small step towards implementing the long-requested ability for KB to add scaling damage with KB strength.

In fact, I don't think this suggestion really goes far enough.  An Alpha KB boost would be nice enough, but what we really need is a new Interface ability to proc KB, and then a Hybrid power that adds KB and extra damage to all attacks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I would personally would LOVE this on Musculature

For all powers: Increases Damage by 45%, Immobilization duration and Defense Debuff effects by 33%.

Two thirds of these bonuses ignore the effects of enhancement diminishing returns.

This power also applies a Level Shift.

Maybe changed to this
(where it still keeps its mez-like function, just in a different way that actually is more useful to more melee and ranged damage powersets)

For all powers: Increases Damage by 45%, Knockback, and Defense Debuff effects by 33%.

Two thirds of these bonuses ignore the effects of enhancement diminishing returns.

This power also applies a Level Shift.

Edited by agentx5
no quote, interrupt isn't needing "buffing" per se
  • Like 1

I'm always a little hesitant to change something existing like that. Most of the various mez effects are doubled up on as far as sources from Alpha goes (excluding I think confuse and fear), and changing that little thing would lock people into Resilient if they wanted to also increase their Immob slotting. Generally, I prefer more options, not less, although I don't think it'd be too big an ask to put it on Musc Radial Paragon. But then, you get into this would break the setup currently held to by everything in Alpha. (Radial Paragon = 6 lesser bonuses, Core Paragon = 1 bigger bonuses, 2 smaller bonuses).

I agree Interrupt probably doesn't need it, as at most you'd have like, 1 power that benefits from it? But then that also holds true for Fear and Confuse, and at least they get some representation.

@Twi - Phobia on Everlasting