/Atomic

Nihil

It’s amazing. I play a water/atomic and it’s ridiculously good. It rewards playing in a crowd though...so if you like to hang back then atomic isn’t for you. Beta decay also grabs aggro so when you are the crowd be ready for some incoming damage :)

A bunch of toons. Global DocRanger

All on Excelsior. 

It’s amazing. I play a water/atomic and it’s ridiculously good. It rewards playing in a crowd though...so if you like to hang back then atomic isn’t for you. Beta decay also grabs aggro so when you are the crowd be ready for some incoming damage :)

This does sound amazing! I love aggro regardless of the AT I play.

I've been playing this here on my second blaster, and I mostly enjoy it, but it is VERY melee focused, so be sure you want to do that with your Blaster. Atomic provides some hold defense, but not stun, so there are plenty of enemies who will be happy to stun you with AOEs or in melee range.

• 1 month later

Radioactive Cloud feels like it's probably a little too strong.  Out of the box, it's a 20 second, Mag 3 AoE Hold with a 90 second recharge.  Compare that to Illusion Control's Flash, which has only about 15 seconds of duration and a 4 minute recharge...

Not that I'd mind if Controller AoE Holds got a buff or something, I guess, and not that I mind having such a devastatingly useful "panic button" on my Fire/Atomic.  But I do feel like I'm cheesing things just a little.

I really like /atomic, and I've played it two ways. In deep with the crowd as others mentioned, and also as a very minimal totally ranged set using almost only Metabolic Acceleration (seriously that toggle is insane, tons of regen and recover and status resists - though not protection) and Ionize.