Merit Vending Questions

SylvanMansion

I was out of the game for a while until I sorted out my new PC's need for an added video card. When I got back, imagine my surprise when I couldn't use all the Empyrean merits I've saved up for... lots of things.

Below is the quote from the change log. But it isn't clear what we do with them now. If there is a guide with how to use any or all of that stuff mentioned, that would be helpful. I struggled how to properly use any of it to begin with (I'm a "need directions and steps to follow" sort of gal).

"

Merit Rewards

• The Empyrean/Astral Merit to Reward Merit conversion has been removed from Reward Merit vendors.
  • For Incarnate Trials we'll be adding a completion bonus reward of Reward Merits on-top of the current standard Empyrean/Astral Merit rewards valuing the total of what the standard conversion would've amounted to. Meaning you'll get the same number of Empyrean/Astral Merits as you were before Page 4 but also get the following on-top:

"

They're good for building up incarnate abilities on all your alts.  They just can't be cashed out (unless you convert to threads, then to super inspirations)

Best to convert to Transcendant to email to an alt, saves a lot of clicking assuming you have 50 Emp merits built up.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can’t imagine both (1) having a mountain of empyreans and (2) knowing about the merit conversion, but (3) not knowing what empyreans are actually for. 

Patches teach you a lot about niche corners of the playerbase I guess. Rest assured though, your empyreans are still extremely useful and valuable, though, unless you meet a whole host of other conditions too like (4) hating alts, (5) hating alternate incarnates, (6) hating ultimate inspirations, (7) hating influence, etc.

• Like 1