Fire Farm Problem !

Nitekilla

Just now, DarknessEternal said:

These are worth 75-85% respectively.

Try 52413 for 100%

Minions and lieutenants are at 100% for level 49 in both (my slider only goes to level 49 for some reason).  Boss in 51577 is at 75% because it doesn’t have Cremate.  Boss in 51579 is at 95% though.

<-- I'm not a farmer but,

You're almost certainly experiencing a cascade defense failure.   Fire Armor has no DDR. 

Add 4 (or more to your fire defense).  Assuming you initially had floored their final hit chances (soft capped defense) they had roughly 1 in 20 to land the hit with the debuff.  Adding the debuff amount (or slightly more) means you'll still be capped vs the next attack.  In turn this means you've just bumped the odds of getting debuffed below the cap to 1 in 400 provided both blows land within the debuffs duration (10 seconds).  Bump it up another 4% or so add now the odds are about 1 in 8000.  The more buffer the more times they have to land a hit to potentially start a cascade failure which is the real concern here (especially with non-AFK farming)

You may need slightly more than 4% increases because of the Purple Patch.  +4 foes are likely debuffing more like 6% so you'd need roughly 6% bumps in defense to help prevent cascade failure.  The Purple Patch does not effect the duration of the debuff only its strength.

54 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

<-- I'm not a farmer but,

You're almost certainly experiencing a cascade defense failure.   Fire Armor has no DDR. 

Add 4 (or more to your fire defense).  Assuming you initially had floored their final hit chances (soft capped defense) they had roughly 1 in 20 to land the hit with the debuff.  Adding the debuff amount (or slightly more) means you'll still be capped vs the next attack.  In turn this means you've just bumped the odds of getting debuffed below the cap to 1 in 400 provided both blows land within the debuffs duration (10 seconds).  Bump it up another 4% or so add now the odds are about 1 in 8000.  The more buffer the more times they have to land a hit to potentially start a cascade failure which is the real concern here (especially with non-AFK farming)

You may need slightly more than 4% increases because of the Purple Patch.  +4 foes are likely debuffing more like 6% so you'd need roughly 6% bumps in defense to help prevent cascade failure.  The Purple Patch does not effect the duration of the debuff only its strength.

It's actually better to give bosses Build Up than any of the sword powers.  The damage gained is trivial, it's only active 25% of the time, and it still leaves a low chance to hit.

Even just giving them Fire Sword Circle, the worst of the sword powers, will still murder your on occasion.

13 minutes ago, DarknessEternal said:

It's actually better to give bosses Build Up than any of the sword powers.  The damage gained is trivial, it's only active 25% of the time, and it still leaves a low chance to hit.

Even just giving them Fire Sword Circle, the worst of the sword powers, will still murder your on occasion.

Unless I'm misunderstanding i don't think the OP is designing an AE mission or foes.  They're wondering "WTF!" happened in their favored mission and what to do about it.  But if they are then I'd say your advice sounds solid.  But I would avoid combining both BU and Sword attacks (and those accompanying defdebuffs).  That would be asking for cascade failure to occur as you point out.

Edited by Doomguide2005

On 10/19/2022 at 4:25 PM, Astralock said:

51577 and 51579.

20 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

These are worth 75-85% respectively.

Try 52413 for 100%

Hey none of those are..

Summer's Over - A Halloween Fire Farm (page 5)

Arc ID: 52116

WARNING - With great exp comes excessive risk..

Ranged attacks from mobs over the aggro cap = ouch

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum