Incarnate suggestions

With the level shift +3 is really what people are playing at. +4/8 is really +3/8 with level shift. With the purple patch scaling is +3 is .65, 4 is 48, 5 is .3.

Three ideas come to mind both I'm sure have been suggested before.

1. Incarnate difficulty setting

- special units that have def debuff, +acc, and damage patches that are auto hit.

- purple enemies that act with the GM type scale so it smooths the +lvl effects or just does lvl 57

-incarnate abilities given to enemies

2. Allow for +5/8 or remove level shift in normal content.

- this means +1 can play at +4 if they want

3. Change incarnate t3 to actually level you up to 53 instead of have different shifts, you could also do +2 levels per and make 60 the cap 

Apart from the last one this would be a in the notoriety difficulty settings.

The upside of an incarnate difficulty setting is that it would allow for a change to all content. Doing an incarnate level positron for example.

Would this help the game or is hard mode content the better investment of resources for "end game content" in the short term?

1) Incarnate difficulty settings could be really fun, especially paired with say, Hard-Mode.  Being able to run the TF commander arcs again for a challenge would be a great option.

2) They'll definitely have to do some tweaking for this one - enemies only go to 54.  An incarnate running +4 is really only running +2.5, as the 50/50 split of +4s/+5s is all +4s.  Having enemies go to 55 & 56 would be nice, though could be somewhat unbalanced depending on power scaling.

3) Partially touched on in (2) - actually gaining the level(s) could slightly reduce our gained rewards, as we're being rewarded as if we were still 50 (so a white-con minion awards as if it were a +1 minion, which it is).  We would get more HP, and higher base damage scaling, that may not fully offset the bonus for fighting higher-level foes.

+2 shifts are a bit harsh - it's not uncommon for some of your teammates to still be building towards their own incarnate powers.  Running +4s when everyone else is running +1s is doable, running +10s is not.  Even missing one power, against +6 enemies, is barely doable - a build has to be solid to take down a +6 enemy (of any rank).

My only take is that simply upping the level cap is likely to take a hefty bit of work. The Level Shifts were Paragon Studio's 'version' of that, but without having to do the task of making stuff for level 51-60 (or higher, etc) - though who knows, maybe its something thats on the dev's table. Personally I'd want the level cap to go up being a BIG part of an Issue.

Mobs can only go to 54, so it'd take some work there too.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

3 hours ago, Sirius.Games said:

Allow for +5/8 or remove level shift in normal content.

- this means +1 can play at +4 if they want

Nothing stopping you from doing this. Just unslot your Alpha.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

If you're running TFs/SFs or Ouro content, you could also add the "Enemies are buffed" component that will give you a similar boost in difficulty.

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

2 hours ago, Uun said:

Nothing stopping you from doing this. Just unslot your Alpha.

But then your not +1 anymore... By that logic I should lock every character at 49 and only run lvl 50 content so I can play +5 while everyone else plays +3. Difficulty options instead of underpowering is what I'm suggesting.

1 hour ago, Sirius.Games said:

But then your not +1 anymore... By that logic I should lock every character at 49 and only run lvl 50 content so I can play +5 while everyone else plays +3. Difficulty options instead of underpowering is what I'm suggesting.

If you want your entire team to be challenged, anything lvl 45-50 that you run through Ouro has the options "No Incarnate Powers" and "Only Alpha Slot". There are also options for players debuffed and enemies buffed. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller