Yet another travel power pool suggestion - with a twist!

biostem

Yeah, yeah, I know there're a bunch of these already, but mine is different!  I swear!

So here's the idea - take the main travel power from each of the core travel power pools, (flight, leaping, teleportation, and speed), and remove them.  In their place, put in the "bonus" power that was granted for each, (afterburner, double jump, etc), but expanded to work outside of the powers they were previously tied to - so you could double-jump even with no other powers on, or afterburner could work on mystic flight, etc.  For teleportation, you may need a new power.  Then, at level 4, you get one of the core travel powers for free.  There would have to be some balance considerations, though - maybe don't allow io sets to be used in the free power.  Your thoughts?  Thanks for reading!

So you're talking about making the Travel Power Pools smaller, thus making it easier to get the "good" Tier 5 power, while making a (or the first) travel power an inherent?

Assuming that I have correctly understood your suggestion, what is the goal of this change?

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 minute ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

So you're talking about making the Travel Power Pools smaller, thus making it easier to get the "good" Tier 5 power, while making a (or the first) travel power an inherent?

Assuming that I have correctly understood your suggestion, what is the goal of this change?

No, separate the "bonus" power that was added to the travel powers, (afterburner, etc), put them into the pool as their own item, but broaden their use a bit, then remove the actual travel powers from their respective pools, but have 1 be available for free at level 4.  So, for instance, I could take fly as my free power, but later use power picks to dip into the speed pool and opt to take speed phase, which I could use apart from super speed.

I was hoping you had come up with a burrowing pool, or a swingline pool, or even... huh... there's an odd thought... a translocation pool... sort of like teleport except you have to have to have a target, and you trade places with that target....

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct spelling for "have".
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh, ok. I understand now.

So the developers recently changed the Travel Power Pools to make Afterburner et al. into these inherent/pop-up powers. Now you're proposing that they change them back into normal powers. I'm not sure why they would want to do that.

What would be the point in doing this? I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm basically just asking how would it improve the game?

• Thanks 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Lemme put my speed reading course (singular) into practice.

So, if one takes Leaping>Combat Jumping, it will also have a Super Jump and Double Jump for free?  But I still have to select Jump Attack/Spring Attack at a later time?  I can get behind something like this because builds are just so damn tight now

18 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Oh, ok. I understand now.

So the developers recently changed the Travel Power Pools to make Afterburner et al. into these inherent/pop-up powers. Now you're proposing that they change them back into normal powers. I'm not sure why they would want to do that.

What would be the point in doing this? I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm basically just asking how would it improve the game?

So you'd get a travel power for free.  The extra powers and such would take their place in the respective pools.  This would free people from feeling forced/imposed to take a travel power, while also expanding how those newer powers, (like double jump), could be used...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kelika2 said:

Lemme put my speed reading course (singular) into practice.

So, if one takes Leaping>Combat Jumping, it will also have a Super Jump and Double Jump for free?  But I still have to select Jump Attack/Spring Attack at a later time?  I can get behind something like this because builds are just so damn tight now

No.  You get to pick 1 of super jump, flight, teleport, or fly for free.  Going with your example, you choose to use one of your regular power picks on combat jumping.  You can also use a power pick to select double jump, which you could then use by itself, with sprint, with combat jumping, or with super jump...

So I actually have more than 1 character that has both Fly and Super Speed.

Using your new power pools how would I do that?

Just now, PeregrineFalcon said:

So I actually have more than 1 character that has both Fly and Super Speed.

Using your new power pools how would I do that?

Hmm... that's a good question.  I hadn't thought of that.  I suppose it could be a "1st one's free" kind of thing, then you'd need to spend a regular power pick for additional ones...

48 minutes ago, biostem said:

Hmm... that's a good question.  I hadn't thought of that.  I suppose it could be a "1st one's free" kind of thing, then you'd need to spend a regular power pick for additional ones...

But how would I do that? In the OP you said that the travel powers would be removed from their respective pools. So how would I pick another travel power if it literally isn't in a power pool anymore?

1 minute ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

But how would I do that? In the OP you said that the travel powers would be removed from their respective pools. So how would I pick another travel power if it literally isn't in a power pool anymore?

It'd probably have to be some sort of "loose power" that you could pick, or maybe only becomes available as a pick within the pool after you've already picked your free one...

• Like 1