Quick Request For Invite...?

BlackSpectre

Does anyone know of a quick way to request a PUG team/league to invite you?

If not, I have a suggestion then... add a menu option to request invite to the pop up menu that appears after you click on someone's name in the chat window. It could merely send a tell to the other player saying something like "Add me to your group, please" or "Invite, Please." or "Requesting invitation to your group, please", etc. I would not use a dialog box to do this as it would be extremely annoying and invasive while playing the game. I'd probably make the hotkey "V" for "InVite" because it's readily accessible to fingers resting on the WSAD keys, but "R" for "Request" would be just as good if not better.

IMG_4390.jpg

Edited by BlackSpectre

Pretty sure you could build a popmenu to do that, with invites for team, league, or for common events.  I would also break it out by channels, so that not only do you have the option to IM someone specific, you can also 'post' your interest in LFG, broadcast, or local. 

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

Look in the guides for popmenu.  You can do a simple macro like.  /Macro plsinvite say "$Target, please invite me to you league.".  This was off the top of my head so it may not be perfect.  It should make a button in your tray and ask the targeted char for an invite.

• Like 1

Help control the Rikti population.  Have your Rikti Monkey spayed or neutered.

2 minutes ago, biostem said:

How about we allow the team leader to preset a little questionnaire that anyone requesting to join their team has to take, in order to demonstrate some arbitrary level of competency before they are allowed to join...  🤪

WoW is that way <<<

• Haha 2

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

On 10/29/2022 at 6:57 PM, Rugor said:

Look in the guides for popmenu.  You can do a simple macro like.  /Macro plsinvite say "$Target, please invite me to you league.".  This was off the top of my head so it may not be perfect.  It should make a button in your tray and ask the targeted char for an invite.

OK. I get it, but it’s not doable the way you suggest by clicking on someone’s name in the chat box. 

The mod idea is an Interesting one. We know how to replace the quickchat menu, and the help menu, why not the popup menu when you click someone’s name? 

I’ll need to somehow find out where to place the mod…. Does anyone know off the top of their heads?

OK. I have some clues on how to make a mod for this... but no solution yet. 

The slash command /link_interact opens the exact context menu we're talking about here. /link_interact in turn has an internal command name of "chatlink".  However, creating a popmenu with a name of either "link_interact" or "chatlink" does not work.

In thinking about it, it occurred to me that the interactive nature of this context menu might mean it needs something different than a regular pop menu. The context menu needs to be able to import the character name that is clicked on  within the chat window... rather than simply offer a list of menu items to select like a normal pop menu.

I also found some code in the uiChat.c file that lists the exact menu items in the chatlink context menu. So it MIGHT be that this context menu can only be changed by altering the code in the configuration game files. Maybe. But I don't know for sure.    

So it looks like I've hit a brick wall on this project. I have no idea what to do next.  😞