HELP! I Screwed up my Game Account Registration for Beta

Frozen Burn

Ok, so I'm trying to get a character onto Beta - I know! LOOONG time overdue.  So, I followed the instructions posting, I downloaded the Beta server with the launcher, and to transfer a character over to Beta I went as instructed to the "Beta Account Center" here on the forums.

It said I couldn't access the page without having a game account first and prompted me to create a game account.  But this is confusing since I already have a game account.  I wasn't sure I should login with my current game account or not - I didn't want to screw up my existing account.  

But I bit the bullet and entered in my game account info - at least I thought I did.  I misspelled my username and ended up creating an actual new game account instead of linking my current account.  *facepalm* 

I now have a WRONG game account attached to my forum account and I can't transfer any characters.  

I looked under the "Account" tab at the top here to see if I can remove or switch game accounts, but I can only change the password.  How do I un-link this WRONG account from my forum account so I can link my real game account?  (And how can we delete this un-needed game account?)

Thanks for any help here!

• Sad 1

On 10/31/2022 at 1:12 PM, Frozen Burn said:

Ok, so I'm trying to get a character onto Beta - I know! LOOONG time overdue.  So, I followed the instructions posting, I downloaded the Beta server with the launcher, and to transfer a character over to Beta I went as instructed to the "Beta Account Center" here on the forums.

It said I couldn't access the page without having a game account first and prompted me to create a game account.  But this is confusing since I already have a game account.  I wasn't sure I should login with my current game account or not - I didn't want to screw up my existing account.  

But I bit the bullet and entered in my game account info - at least I thought I did.  I misspelled my username and ended up creating an actual new game account instead of linking my current account.  *facepalm* 

I now have a WRONG game account attached to my forum account and I can't transfer any characters.  

I looked under the "Account" tab at the top here to see if I can remove or switch game accounts, but I can only change the password.  How do I un-link this WRONG account from my forum account so I can link my real game account?  (And how can we delete this un-needed game account?)

Thanks for any help here!

Have you tried signing out and signing back in with the correct account?

Steps to do this.

Click your user name. On the image* Red arrow pointing Up

Scroll down to sign out and click

Sign out. On the image* Red arrow pointing left

Untitled.png

Edited by Zappalina
adding picture

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

36 minutes ago, Zappalina said:

Have you tried signing out and signing back in with the correct account?

Steps to do this.

Click your user name. On the image* Red arrow pointing Up

Scroll down to sign out and click

Sign out. On the image* Red arrow pointing left

Untitled.png

Hi and thanks.  Yes, I've done that and when logged back in, the wrong Game Account is still associated with my forum account.  I cannot find a way to log out of the "Game Account" here on the forums or unlink it from my forum account.

I sent a support ticket and they said to log out of my game account here, but provided no instructions on how to do it as of yet.  I asked how to, so hopefully, I'll get a response soon.

On 11/2/2022 at 10:49 AM, Frozen Burn said:

Hi and thanks.  Yes, I've done that and when logged back in, the wrong Game Account is still associated with my forum account.  I cannot find a way to log out of the "Game Account" here on the forums or unlink it from my forum account.

I sent a support ticket and they said to log out of my game account here, but provided no instructions on how to do it as of yet.  I asked how to, so hopefully, I'll get a response soon.

This Is How To Log Out

Untitled.png

1. Click your user name First arrow pointing UP

2. Click Sign out second arrow at the bottom pointing left.

If you remember your Account name/email the original one you want to use, and the password for that.  My suggestion would be.

1. Log out of the Forum as instructed above.

2. Enter your OLD Original Account Name and Old original password. In the section where it says to on the top of this website's page.

3. Log back in with your OLD original account name and Old original password.

4. You should be all set.

You can have multiple CoH HC accounts.  To switch between them you just need to log out and use the correct account name and password associated with both both on the forums and in the game.

To get on Beta you can use whatever account you want to, you can use the one you made originally, you can use a new one, it's not specific to only one account to use Beta either.   The BETA here isn't like signing up for Beta for a brand new game.

Edited by Zappalina
clarity I hope.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

2 hours ago, Zappalina said:

This Is How To Log Out

Untitled.png

1. Click your user name First arrow pointing UP

2. Click Sign out second arrow at the bottom pointing left.

If you remember your Account name/email the original one you want to use, and the password for that.  My suggestion would be.

1. Log out of the Forum as instructed above.

2. Enter your OLD Original Account Name and Old original password. In the section where it says to on the top of this website's page.

3. Log back in with your OLD original account name and Old original password.

4. You should be all set.

You can have multiple CoH HC accounts.  To switch between them you just need to log out and use the correct account name and password associated with both both on the forums and in the game.

To get on Beta you can use whatever account you want to, you can use the one you made originally, you can use a new one, it's not specific to only one account to use Beta either.   The BETA here isn't like signing up for Beta for a brand new game.

Hi.  I appreciate the help but you've completely missed the mark and this is not the issue at all.  

1.  I know how to log out of the forums.  🙂  

2.  I do not have multiple Forum accounts - just this 1.  So there is no "old" account to switch to.  

3.  The issue is, when I tried to link my GAME account to my forum account (by clicking "Account" tab and selecting "Game Account"), it did not prompt me to enter my existing account details, but rather "Create a New Account" and unfortunately, I misspelled my account name and it created a NEW GAME ACCOUNT and thusly linked it to my forum account.

4.  So far, there seems to be NO way to log out of the GAME ACCOUNT once it has been linked to the forum account.  

5.  And yes, I know that any account will get me onto Beta, but if you want to transfer existing characters to the Beta server (like what I want to do), you have to use the specific account that holds the character(s) that you want to transfer - so just using any account (even a new one) won't do.

6.  I am still communicating with Support on this issue of having wrong GAME ACCOUNT linked to my forum account.  Hopefully, they can find a solution.

Well, after working through the issue with the Support team, there is NO way to unlink a game account from your forum account. 

So, the only way to resolve this is creating a new forum account and be sure to NOT mistype your game account name again when linking it.  😄

• 2 weeks later