New "paired" explore badges for other echo/standard zone pairs.

Greycat

So, if you get all the explore badges in Atlas and Echo:Atlas, you get an extra badge - The Constant.

At the *very* least, since it'd be a sort of end zone/end zone echo pair, it'd be nice to have one for the Rikti War Zone and Echo: Rikti Crash Site. Maybe "War never changes."  (Or throw a question mark at the end, since it certainly changed!)

Or we could go all out and do it for all of them that are paired - Faultline/Echo:Faultline and  DA/Echo:DA, as well. (Yes, I know Galaxy is technically "paired" as well, but I don't *believe* you can go back and do the GC tutorial if you missed it.) 

Heck, give a badge (or accolade, no power needs to be attached) for having all the pairs, too.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Atlas Park: The Constant

Rikti (war zone/crash site): Alien Hunter or Stoic Defender

Faultline: Stilled Earth or Ruptured Past

Dark Astoria: The Sundered Veil or Oppressive Darkness

Galaxy City: Tutorial doesn't have an explore and is not accessible in Ouroboros even through the introduction arc.

... meh... I thought I had some clever ideas for names, then brain dumped them when I started writing this post. Sorry.

7 minutes ago, weewoozesty said:

I got some name ideas for badges...

Atlas Park: "Where it all started"

Rikti (war zone/crash site): Your Zone Are Belong To Us

Faultline: It Wasn't My Fault

Galaxy City: Atlas Park's Red Headed Step Child

There is no pairing for Galaxy City, so there is no pairing badge name. Aside from that? I really like your name ideas.

30 minutes ago, Rudra said:

There is no pairing for Galaxy City, so there is no pairing badge name. Aside from that? I really like your name ideas.

They could make one for Galaxy easy.  Just stick it in the tutorial.   It'd give people a reason to do it.  Specially the badge hunters.

Problem with that is that people can't go *back* to do it.

Though, if they took the tutorial zone, made a copy of it into... essentially a hazard zone, maybe put some rescue missions, Shivan fighting missions, etc. there through a contact... *shrug*

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

18 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Though, if they took the tutorial zone, made a copy of it into... essentially a hazard zone, maybe put some rescue missions, Shivan fighting missions, etc. there through a contact... *shrug*

Isn't that pretty much the last map of Twinshot's arc?

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Yeah, it's the last mission map in the 2nd arc for both the Shining Stars and Hearts of Darkness story lines. Except, it is only an instance map with 2 of the meteors and no explores. For this to work, Galaxy City as a zone map would have to be made for the explores to be added and have content run there.

A new incarnate zone, this time as a full-fledged hazard zone, would be rather interesting. Except that in those missions, the Neo-Shivans are apparently gone. There are in-mission comments that there is still an Arachnos presence in the area (to recover the meteors for some reason), and there are hints of a Longbow presence and possibly even unnamed heroes looking for missed survivors. So I'm not sure how to turn it into a real hazard zone at this time. And besides, I think a dev or GM already said that it could neither be confirmed nor denied that the devs are already working on something with Galaxy City, so I guess just sit tight and see what happens.