Last Hit Against you In Combat Monitor

Arbegla

I know this might be a 'standard code rant' issue, but I was wondering if it would be possible to be able to track the last tohit roll made against you, to be able to better see how successful Defense and other buffs are doing for you?

I know we can track defense, and we can stack our own 'last to hit against an enemy' but being able to track what the enemy is rolling against us would be neat too.

24 minutes ago, Arbegla said:

I know this might be a 'standard code rant' issue, but I was wondering if it would be possible to be able to track the last tohit roll made against you, to be able to better see how successful Defense and other buffs are doing for you?

I know we can track defense, and we can stack our own 'last to hit against an enemy' but being able to track what the enemy is rolling against us would be neat too.

I wonder if it can be parsed somehow from the combat logs (@Carnifax).  I know it shows foe to hit rolls but don't think there's a way to show the last one outside of carefully eyeballing the logs to see what the individual  rolls are against you as you go.

1 hour ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I wonder if it can be parsed somehow from the combat logs (@Carnifax).  I know it shows foe to hit rolls but don't think there's a way to show the last one outside of carefully eyeballing the logs to see what the individual  rolls are against you as you go.

Just have to parse the log looking for "chance to hit" and ignore lines that have "Your"   And I see my regex is way rusty since pretty sure we can pull the percents off in one go...

The sheer number of rolls generated, while I'm sure can be tracked by the server and logged (and is in the combat logs themselves),  it does seem like a melee character, particularly one with taunt/aggro aura, is going to generate a near constant and rapidly updating/changing stream of data that might make it almost worthless to monitor in combat attributes.  At least defense debuffs have a duration and can turn red etc..  Not sure how the foe last hit would display in a useful manner.  The power analyzer does display their base to hit.  You'll see incarnate foes as 64% for example.  If they're buffed i presume that would display as a buff on their base to hit.  Maybe that value could show in the CA monitor letting you know something in Hardmode for instance has toggled on Tactics or moved close enough to buff its allies with Tactics in addition to showing the ☆ buff present on their base.

On 11/17/2022 at 6:01 PM, Doomguide2005 said:

I do log enemy attacks Vs you, in the defensive bit of the tree view. It's broken down by power hitting you I believe.

Never bothered tablizing that bit of the tree though.

But yeah, you can see how often enemy attacks hit you in the tree view of the parser.

Sadly there's no way to see how effective resists are for you in the logs. You only see the final damage taken in the logs, it doesn't record the original damage figure. You could fudge it by letting something hit you with shields off, then raising them (unshielded should be logged as Max)

• Thanks 1