Corruptors Drunk Math

Snarky

Lets start with a Basic statement.  Blasters have a ranged damage scalar of 1.125. Corruptors .75, Defenders .65. Simple.

Open the game, or mids, and look at Dark Blast set. power Dark Blast.

Blaster, at 50, undenhanced Dark Blast.  Game   62.56, Mids 62.56

Corruptor, at 50, unenhanced Dark Blast, Game 83.42, Mids 83.38

Defender, at 50, unenhanced Dark Blast, Game 36.15, MiDs (46.99) MiDs 36.15

By basic Algebra (true for Blaster and Defender....if you ignore the (46.99) (is this solo?) the base damage of Dark Blast is approx 55.6

Corr should be 41.7.  but list as twice that.  Scourge calculated in?  

So the real damage you can count on to open is 1/2 number listed?  This falls apart at higher powers due to them changing the damage of the power evidently.  Blackstar, Blaster 250.25, yielding a base damage 222.44, Defender 144.5, Corruptor 250.25 same as Blaster and I got zero math to explain that.

Fun fact, after CoX the team went into selling used cars.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Lets start with a Basic statement.  Blasters have a ranged damage scalar of 1.125. Corruptors .75, Defenders .65. Simple.

Open the game, or mids, and look at Dark Blast set. power Dark Blast.

Blaster, at 50, undenhanced Dark Blast.  Game   62.56, Mids 62.56

Corruptor, at 50, unenhanced Dark Blast, Game 83.42, Mids 83.38

Defender, at 50, unenhanced Dark Blast, Game 36.15, MiDs (46.99) MiDs 36.15

By basic Algebra (true for Blaster and Defender....if you ignore the (46.99) (is this solo?) the base damage of Dark Blast is approx 55.6

Corr should be 41.7.  but list as twice that.  Scourge calculated in?  

So the real damage you can count on to open is 1/2 number listed?  This falls apart at higher powers due to them changing the damage of the power evidently.  Blackstar, Blaster 250.25, yielding a base damage 222.44, Defender 144.5, Corruptor 250.25 same as Blaster and I got zero math to explain that.

Fun fact, after CoX the team went into selling used cars.  

Yes, your Scourge is turned on and is calculating that.  If you turn off Scourge, your Corrupter values will normalize:  Dark Blast will show as 41.69 and Blackstar as 166.8.

30 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

Yes, your Scourge is turned on and is calculating that.  If you turn off Scourge, your Corrupter values will normalize:  Dark Blast will show as 41.69 and Blackstar as 166.8.

How do you turn off Scourge in MiDs.  After the first half hour looking I gave up.  i am a quitter.

1 hour ago, Darkir said:

Remember that this is a guideline and not true for every single power. 

Yes, just like some powers were modified radically for Sentinels, some powers were “tweaked” as they were ported across ATs.  Sometimes they changed the name a little.  Other  times not.  It makes an apples to apples comparison nearly impossible 

11 hours ago, Snarky said:

How do you turn off Scourge in MiDs.  After the first half hour looking I gave up.  i am a quitter.

As mentioned above, Scourge appears at the bottom by your Health, Stamina, Rest, and etc.  It should be the first one.  Click the little Green Button to turn it off.  🙂  

• Thanks 1