Target binds for rank and faction

fitzsimmons

Being able to target bind for rank and faction would be a nice QoL improvement for badgers.

A couple that come to mind are Warrior bosses, Prisoner bosses and Family bosses.

I know you can bind based on name but it is not sufficient for all scenarios.

Thanks in advance for your kind consideration.

Regards,

Dave

• Like 1

This is going to sound like a silly question, but why do you need to target Prisoner bosses? I get Warrior bosses (bind for Elite) and Family bosses (string bind for Underboss and Consigliere blue side, and either same red side or Capo in Port Oakes), but I don't get Prisoners. Not opposing the OP, just trying to understand.

This would also help with some enemy groups too - late-game factions like Malta and Arachnos have CC-happy leutenants, and Talons of Vengeance & Carnies have really dangerous bosses. Being able to target those specifically without custom binds for each faction would be very, very useful.

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

This is going to sound like a silly question, but why do you need to target Prisoner bosses? I get Warrior bosses (bind for Elite) and Family bosses (string bind for Underboss and Consigliere blue side, and either same red side or Capo in Port Oakes), but I don't get Prisoners. Not opposing the OP, just trying to understand.

There is a defeat badge (under Gladiator) for defeating 100 prisoner bosses.  It’s a pain in the butt.  This is in addition to the 500 non boss prisoners you need to defeat.

For Family red side, Capo targets the non bosses as well.  I wasn’t able to get a string of more than one word to work.

Anyway, above is the answer to why Prisoner bosses.

And these are just examples.  Akisan above provided a couple of other examples.

Appreciate the feedback folks.

16 minutes ago, fitzsimmons said:

There is a defeat badge (under Gladiator) for defeating 100 prisoner bosses.  It’s a pain in the butt.  This is in addition to the 500 non boss prisoners you need to defeat.

For Family red side, Capo targets the non bosses as well.  I wasn’t able to get a string of more than one word to work.

Anyway, above is the answer to why Prisoner bosses.

And these are just examples.  Akisan above provided a couple of other examples.

Appreciate the feedback folks.

Huh. Okay, thanks. (Edit: Actually, you can more or less get the badges concurrently. 500 Prisoners regardless of rank and the 200 Prisoners bosses I forgot about. Just like working on the Family and Family bosses badges.)

Edited by Rudra

Having a /rankcustomnext "rank" would be helpful. No argument there.

The string requires a single word target command, followed by $$ followed by the next target command. Add $$ and the next target command for however long you want the string to be.

The bind doesn't work on multiple words per command, but you can string commands together.

13 hours ago, biostem said:

given how infrequently you actually encounter mixed groups, not as needed...

Particularly as the game doesn't distinguish between factions in missions -- I tried, on several missions where the mission objective was "defeat all [faction]", to defeat only the mobs from that faction, and the mission wouldn't complete until I'd cleared the map.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later
On 12/1/2022 at 6:53 AM, srmalloy said:

Particularly as the game doesn't distinguish between factions in missions -- I tried, on several missions where the mission objective was "defeat all [faction]", to defeat only the mobs from that faction, and the mission wouldn't complete until I'd cleared the map.

As another illustration of this, I just completed the "Defeat the Kerner and his crew" mission in the Freaklympics arc, and the room with the Kerner had a Freakshow minion, a Council minion, and a Council lieutenant. I defeated the Kerner and the Freakshow minion, but the mission would not complete until I'd defeated the two Council mobs, even though they were definitely not part of the Kerner's 'crew'.

There is 1 or 2 missions that when you defeat the named boss, the mission is complete. Even if the support mob(s) are still standing. That used to be how the defeat target missions worked, but that was changed to clear last room with the advent of CoV and Stalkers. (That mission, maybe two, are probably still that way because when the Live devs transitioned to clear room for defeat target missions, they missed that mission or two. That was a lot of missions to update.) The other defeat target missions have all been changed to clear last room with designated target in it. As for the other cross-faction missions where it says to defeat all faction mobs, those have always been defeat all missions without regard for mob faction in the missions.

Outside of missions though? I can see a benefit to the OP. You can already do it with the current customtargetnext command as a macro instead of a bind. The macro lets you change what your desired target is without having to rewrite everything. The added benefit of targeting specific ranks would be a nice addition though.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct "CoX" to "CoV".