Level 50 Ouroboros Challenge Badges

Marine X

Discovered an easy way to complete the Challenge Badges for Level 50 Flashbacks. You can run " The Centers Personal Story " directly, without having to rerun the Story Arc each time, to satisfy all the Challenge variations including Enemies Buffed and Player Debuffed even though it is a Non-Combat Mission. It can be selected Separately in the Level 50 mission list even if you have never ran the Arc. It required running it several times to get them all but only took a bit more than half an hour total to do so.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Yep.  It's a bug that single missions that award a badge give the Ouro badges as well, but it's been around for awhile now.  iirc, there was a bug that made awarding some badges annoying, so the dev team made this possible.

So for now, this works great, but might get closed later on.  Then it's back to the other arcs that are listed in the other guide. (which I'm blanking on currently)

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Mayaedits said:

Is it a bug or is it a feature? 😜

Not sure, but a heck of a lot faster than having to do an entire arc multiple times to get all the badges. I also did this with the " Rescue the Fortune Teller " mission, 1 quick single mission.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

6 hours ago, Mayaedits said:

Is it a bug or is it a feature? 😜

Based on "The various Flashback badges for completing challenges at various levels now do it based on the story arc maximum level, instead of the hidden Stature Level which made it difficult to know which story arcs counted for what. Only story arcs that reward 5 merits or more will count towards the challenge badges. " from the Patch notes:

And then four days later:

All Flashback Challenge badges: temporarily made the badges award on all arcs, regardless of merit payout amount.

• This change is due to many arcs, including all Incarnate Arcs and SSAs, not giving any merit rewards by default, instead putting them behind a Reward Choice which doesn't trigger the badge.
  • Story arc merit reward payouts will be revised in January once we're back from the holiday break, and the limitation will be put back in to exclude non-combat and Personal Story arcs.

Apparently it never got put back.  May have slipped through the cracks, but to be fair, they didn't clarify which January...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

I just tried running that mission (among some of the other solo ones at 50), and got all of the Power Limit badges except "no travel powers", which I could not manage to get awarded, but did not get any of the checkbox badges below (enemies buffed, you debuffed, etc.) despite checking those off.  I tried again a couple hours later, same thing.  I also did not get them from the Antimatter solo mission.  Any suggestions for what will award the remaining ones? 

Perhaps 'Eye of Judgement' from Captain Nolan - also known as the Dark Astoria Prologue arc.

If I recall correctly, it has no combat and is just 3-4 missions of go here, check that out, now go there.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

If Captain Nolan's arc doesn't work, there always Heather Townshend's "Burden of the Past" arc.  If you've ever farmed it for incarnate components, you'll already have it down pat.  It's all in DA, and while it's a little quicker to get around between missions if you have some form of vertical movement, it's far from crucial. 

Edited by Zhym