Stealth Procs

Scarlet Shocker

Do they stack?

I like to have at least one stealth proc in many of my toons just for the avoidance of aggro when getting from A2B wthout hassle.

Potentially I could have three running at the same time but is there any point? My instinct tells me they don't stack but invisibility can be weird so I figured I'd ask

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

This is interesting.  Not that any of you could tell from my posts but I do not read the updates…

I swore the stealth update made it so nothing added but you could have all stealth powers running at the same time.  The game just gave you the highest benefit.  

Back in the day the stealth proc was not true invisibility.  It was good until up close.  Is that true now?

• Like 1

The stealth procs are unique but do stack with stealth powers (Steamy Mist, Shadow Fall, Cloak of Darkness, Energy Cloak, etc.) to provide complete invisibility to all but drones, snipers and other foes with +perception. No need to stack with the pool power Stealth, as that already provides complete invisibility.

• Like 3

The stealth procs work only from one.  The stealth radius does stack with powers with stealth components.  But the regular powers with stealth baked in were changed so that they mostly no longer stack with one another and you will get the highest value stealth from one of your powers if you have more than one that provide stealth.  

For the new hardmode content where baddies have high perception there was a return to usefulness for having Stealth, Super Speed and a stealth proc to maintain true invisibility in this content.  With the change to stealth powers now the best value you will get is from your Stealth power which can still stack only with the stealth procs.  

The change allows players who run toggles like Arctic Fog which provide stealth to also be able to run powers that provide stealth so they can still get the defense values from them where they were excluded from being able to run powers like Stealth before.  With this change I believe they wanted to put more emphasis on characters that are supposed to have sneaky abilities being higher value on hardmode content than where any Joe Shmo could get away with taking Stealth/SS/Proc to get a knockoff invisible character.

• Like 1

Yeah, my Dark Dark Corr with his Shadow Fall and Sprint w/stealth proc is pretty slick.  There are definite limitations but it works better than I had thought after stealth changes.  I use the prestige power slide colored black for more darkness and a visible reminder to turn off sprint if not needed.  Damn dark dark corr eat end!!!!

• 4 weeks later

So from this I've been musing about a character. I have posted about him in the Archetype forum here:

The object of the exercise is that he is not invisible per se but his enemies (ie mobs) don't notice him until he starts wailing on them - perhaps just appearing out of the ground - not unlike Mirror Spirit (one of the more unique powers in this game)

I want him to be as invisible as possible until he attacks - but I also want to use the invis ability to be a useful home for a Global recharge proc - especially as there's no room for Hasten in his build so far as I can see

What is my best option: Should I take Stealth and add a Stealth Proc to Sprint or will I need Infiltration too? I'm confused about how both powers work together too. It seems they must be mutually exclusive but do they auto-switch off in combat?

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

4 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

So from this I've been musing about a character. I have posted about him in the Archetype forum here:

The object of the exercise is that he is not invisible per se but his enemies (ie mobs) don't notice him until he starts wailing on them - perhaps just appearing out of the ground - not unlike Mirror Spirit (one of the more unique powers in this game)

I want him to be as invisible as possible until he attacks - but I also want to use the invis ability to be a useful home for a Global recharge proc - especially as there's no room for Hasten in his build so far as I can see

What is my best option: Should I take Stealth and add a Stealth Proc to Sprint or will I need Infiltration too? I'm confused about how both powers work together too. It seems they must be mutually exclusive but do they auto-switch off in combat?

this sounds like a dark dark brute.  more optimal brute than tank in my opinion

46 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Should I take Stealth and add a Stealth Proc to Sprint or will I need Infiltration too?

Stealth = 55', full invisibility.  Unless the critters have +Perception, they won't see you even if you're standing on their heads.

Stealth unique IO = 30', critters will see you if you move within 25' of them.

Infiltration = 36', critters will see you if you move within 19' of them.

Stealth IO stacks with both. 

49 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

It seems they must be mutually exclusive but do they auto-switch off in combat?

Mutual exclusivity on all powers providing stealth was removed.  A stealth IO stacks with toggle stealth, toggle stealths don't stack with each other (the highest value is applied).  And no toggle automatically shuts off in combat.  The stealth component will suppress if you click something, attack something (a toggle which affects foes is considered an attack, even if it doesn't deal damage), are mezzed or take damage.

Genetic Contamination will suppress any and all stealth you have if you come within range for it to affect a foe, by the way.

• Thanks 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

The stealth component will suppress if you click something, attack something (a toggle which affects foes is considered an attack, even if it doesn't deal damage), are mezzed or take damage.

That's interesting. How long does suppression last? I'm presuming IOs won't be suppressed during such an event so will continue to provide bonuses?

Genetic Contamination will suppress any and all stealth you have if you come within range for it to affect a foe, by the way.

So I probably can't stand on their heads, unless I toggle it off first? 🤣

6 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

How long does suppression last?

10 seconds, for most stealth powers.  Hide suppresses for 8 seconds.  The base empowerment buff Grant Invisibility doesn't suppress if you're attacked, but if you attack or click an object, it suppresses for 15 seconds.  Superior Invisibility only suppresses if you click an object.

7 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I'm presuming IOs won't be suppressed during such an event so will continue to provide bonuses?

Stealth IOs are subject to stealth suppression, same rule applies to them.  10 seconds no hidey ho if you click an object, are hit, or attack something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.