Base Item Glitched

Dacy

• Retired Community Rep

screenshot_230113-13-19-09.thumb.jpg.541a86a7fa4331c3a26ff40305dcff9f.jpgThe FX on the Praetorian Reactor 3 seem to not be anchored to the inside of the piece. When the item is tipped, the FX glow and steam stay where they were when it was upright. Moving the piece moves the FX, but in the same relation if the item is still tipped. Resetting the base does not change this, it's not a ghost.

-Dacy

If you log out then back in is it persistent? Some spfx only get confused temporarily. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

• Retired Community Rep

See the end of my post, "resetting the base does not change this, it is not a ghost."  🙂 It is not persistent.

-Dacy

There is more to this then a glitchy reactor. I've been havin key command issues a lot recently. Hit shift to raise an item and the item lifts then vanishes (Yay for UNDO!) Curser gettin stuck after placin an item, preventin forward or backward movement until you click on a different item. Liveable, yes. Annoyin as hell... Absolutely.

@Etched

On 1/18/2023 at 6:17 PM, Etched said:

There is more to this then a glitchy reactor. I've been havin key command issues a lot recently. Hit shift to raise an item and the item lifts then vanishes (Yay for UNDO!) Curser gettin stuck after placin an item, preventin forward or backward movement until you click on a different item. Liveable, yes. Annoyin as hell... Absolutely.

@Etched

I've had this happen fairly often. I've learned that when I move anything with either shift or control, to keep holding the shift or control key when I release the object for a few seconds longer. (Edit: And by a "few seconds", I mean long enough for my character's hover animation to cycle multiple times.) For some reason, releasing the the shift or control keys too soon after releasing the selected object causes the base editor to wig out and send the object to some random location. (The times I've been able to find the missing object before hitting undo? Most of the time it was in a completely different room than the one I was working in.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

I've had this happen fairly often. I've learned that when I move anything with either shift or control, to keep holding the shift or control key when I release the object for a few seconds longer. (Edit: And by a "few seconds", I mean long enough for my character's hover animation to cycle multiple times.) For some reason, releasing the the shift or control keys too soon after releasing the selected object causes the base editor to wig out and send the object to some random location. (The times I've been able to find the missing object before hitting undo? Most of the time it was in a completely different room than the one I was working in.)

I am aware of that issue but this has been happening while still holding shift/Ctrl down. To me it's like the game is confusing the two commands. If you may think it is my keyboard, please think again for i have tried it with a second keyboard that is a PaP  (just to make sure my main board isn't crapping out on me) and it still does it. Also, I tried it on my wifes account and it did it on hers as well. One account i figure it's a fluke but two different accounts and it's something within the game.  I'm not new to base building and have seen some really weird stuff goin on with it so again i praise the UNDO God and keep on building a new world. Good suggestion and thanks for the insight but not the case here.

@Etched

Wasn't saying it was your keyboard. I was agreeing with you that it happens and gave what usually works for me to avoid it. Sorry that it doesn't help you.

Edit: So basically I am saying that I also experience the problem, agree the problem needs to be fixed, but until it is fixed, maybe doing this will help you. I apologize for being unclear.

Edited by Rudra

• Retired Community Rep

I have experienced the items going wonky when released too quickly, and indeed, many glitches that happen while editing can be resolved if you slow down. However, when I had those problems, there were problems on my end of things that were causing it, not in the editor. Internet speed, a mouse with an attitude, limitations in CPU or memory, all have contributed to this. And it usually means you are working very close to the capacity for whatever limitation is causing the problem.

-Dacy

10 hours ago, Rudra said:

Wasn't saying it was your keyboard. I was agreeing with you that it happens and gave what usually works for me to avoid it. Sorry that it doesn't help you.

Edit: So basically I am saying that I also experience the problem, agree the problem needs to be fixed, but until it is fixed, maybe doing this will help you. I apologize for being unclear.

Thanks @Rudra, I know you did not imply it was my keyboard. However, just like @Dacy I would of suggested it could of been that or the mouse. Which is why I try my PaP keyboard to make sure that my current keyboard isn't dying on me.  

6 hours ago, Dacy said:

I have experienced the items going wonky when released too quickly, and indeed, many glitches that happen while editing can be resolved if you slow down. However, when I had those problems, there were problems on my end of things that were causing it, not in the editor. Internet speed, a mouse with an attitude, limitations in CPU or memory, all have contributed to this. And it usually means you are working very close to the capacity for whatever limitation is causing the problem.

-Dacy

I bought this PC 2 years ago and is ONLY used for the game. That is how much I enjoy this game. 🙂 I use my laptop or tablet to do everything else. I have worked on enough bases to know that slow is fast. It's not something that happens a lot but it does happen.

With that being said I tested what I thought could be the problem and think I have figured out what the issue was...

DOORWAYS! BLASTED DOORWAYS! 

I was using the large Silo platforms as a road texture and I and had to overlap two to fill in a hole. To avoid the overlay glitchiness I turned off Grid and raised one a hair to stop the overlay glitch and while raising the Silo platform it vanished. Hit UNDO (I love you) and it did it a second time. item vanished. I am aware of early release of the command keys will cause issues so the only thing that i can deduce is that because it was in a doorway. 

Thanks everyone and I hope this helps figure out why a doorway can cause so much chaos.

@Etched

• Naomi locked this topic