Inaccurate numbers from Fly tooltip?

Edit: This concern has been debunked.

Original post:

I recently slotted the Power Pool "Fly" power and wound up asking around if other players felt the need to slot large numbers of Enhancements to increase their movement speed in that power. Several players tried to tell me the wiki and the tooltip are both wrong, that there is an undocumented hard cap on Fly's movement speed, and that the power hits that hard cap without being slotted. The tooltip currently claims that an Enhancement does increase movement speed while flying, and the wiki is silent on the topic.

Two things:

[*]Could someone who has access to the code under the hood confirm or deny this?

[*]Once we have a confirmed answer, could we either update the wiki or (preferably) the in-game tooltip with a note about how the power should be slotted?

I remember the discussion on that from Live and I do seem to recall hearing that Fly was capped out of the box.  I also seem to remember that the fly speed varied with level getting faster as you got higher level.

What I don't remember was any "official" commentary on the subject and I never tested it to determine if it was accurate.  Most of my characters with Fly simply tossed a Freebird Stealth IO into fly and called it good.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

The base speed for Fly is based on character level.  There is also a max fly speed, just like a max Super Speed.

https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Flight

Some other articles list the max for all travel powers.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

The base speed for Fly is based on character level.  There is also a max fly speed, just like a max Super Speed.

Sounds like the players I was speaking to in-game didn't know what they were talking about. What they were saying is entirely incompatible with what I'm reading on the wiki. They were claiming some pretty strange things about the tooltip being wrong. When I went to the other wiki I couldn't find very much information in the way of numbers. Thank you for providing accurate information.