Peacebringer's Photon Seekers

ltzerge

I'd like to propose a change to the Peacebringer's photon seekers. I find their current niche a bit hard to wield in practice and simply function as a worse mirror of their WS counterpart. What I propose is rethinking these glowy bois and how they fit with the PB role.

One thing I'm thinking of most of all is changing them into some type of support pet more a-kin to what you find in /traps. Namely I think it would be a good idea to drastically reduce their front loaded damage but replace that with some heavy enemy debuffs, like an enemy seeking flash-bang grenade. Making each seeker do a modest amount of -regen -tohit and -defense would be a good way to really give PB a niche as a bossing AT, and fit in with their independent play style. Warshades can remain the kings of conventional content and smashing through large mobs, but this will give PB's something to really shine in.

I hope this idea makes sense and won't be a pain to implement in a balanced fashion.

Warshade is probably my most loved AT, for the sheer power it unlocks as one becomes skilled in its use.

I mention this because I tried to love Peacebringers the same, and felt that things like Photon Seekers were somehow.... Off.

I would love to see them be utility based, so that they are the Yin to a Warshade's Yang.

Pie in the sky thinking:

Remove the Seeker part, and have three photons orbit closely around the PB. They do a small amount of damage/sec with enemies they pass through, possibly apply a debuff too, until they do roughly the same amount of damage they would have done had they exploded in their current form. Then they fade away.

+ No more need to worry about their rubbish AI

+ Can be used before shifting forms

+ No wasted damage, seekers do small amounts of damage until they are exhausted

+ No knockback

- No knockback

- No instant damage, does damage much more slowly

- Useless at range

- Can pets even orbit around players? Probably hard to program.

I guess instead of orbiting they could just follow and DPS hug an enemy, though you're depending on their AI again there.