keybinds

Snarky

i took part in a discord one night a couple years ago that was a primer on masterminds.  i do not play them, so it was amusing.

i am now considering playing one to learn the game from a new perspective.

part of the core lesson was using keybinds to control the pets.  one key to activate a tier of pets or all pets, then another key to instruct them what to do,  of course i have no record of the damn binds, just this vague memory.

does anyone have a good sytematic set of keybinds that work to control the pets?  i use a Razer Tartarus that has 20 dedicated keys to improve an old vampires life.  

Razer Orbweaver Mechanical Gaming Keypad - Green Switch (Clicky). | eBay

Edited by Snarky
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

does anyone have a good sytematic set of keybinds that work to control the pets?

Honestly, I really only use 3 basic binds/macros for my MMs:

/bind lalt+lbutton "petcomall goto passive" - makes all my pets go exactly where I alt-click, whilst ignoring everything else.  I use this for positioning them, to make sure they don't block doorways, and so on.

/macro Atk "petcomall attack aggressive" - I treat this like any other attack power, so I just target the enemy I want dead, and hit the macro to give the command.

/macro Flw "petcomall follow defensive" - Makes all my pets follow me, only attacking if they get attacked first, and enabling bodyguard mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2023 at 9:51 PM, biostem said:

Honestly, I really only use 3 basic binds/macros for my MMs:

/bind lalt+lbutton "petcomall goto passive" - makes all my pets go exactly where I alt-click, whilst ignoring everything else.  I use this for positioning them, to make sure they don't block doorways, and so on.

/macro Atk "petcomall attack aggressive" - I treat this like any other attack power, so I just target the enemy I want dead, and hit the macro to give the command.

/macro Flw "petcomall follow defensive" - Makes all my pets follow me, only attacking if they get attacked first, and enabling bodyguard mode.

These are actually a nice "best of" set of macro's relative to Sandolphan's binds.  Although I use those on every MM I play, the three main ones I use every gaming session are what you have above.

However, one of the nice advantages of Sandolphan's binds is the ability to go partial defensive with just your T1 henchmen, and remain aggressive with the T2 and T3 henchmen.  But I'll be honest...I typically only do that when solo fighting critters that cause me issues (Rularuu for example) or when taking on a GM/AV solo.  Otherwise, yeah...it's all pets same posture.  I just tend to view the T1 pets as cannon fodder and often keep them in defensive follow while allowing the T2/T3 pets to be on aggressive.  Some MM's don't like micromanaging their pets that much though.

Thanks for sharing your binds/macros!

• Thumbs Up 2