Empathy / ???

Crossie

So empathy has great buffs.  No doubt about it.  I am trying to figure out what pairs best with empathy and what a solid build would be for said pairing.  I'm working on having fully geared out classes of every archetype and Defender is one of the last ones I have to go.  I've narrowed it down to wanting to do an empathy toon and understand there's a reason not many roll around.  It's kind of boring but I find the potential of being a rock star team survivability booster enticing.  Very few empathy builds are posted so I'm at a little bit of a loss.  Oh brother!

• Like 1

They can all work.  Fire for raw damage, Sonic for the resist debuffs, Psychic is generally poorly resisted, Radiation, Ice and Dark take a lot of procs, etc., etc.. Take a look around for some on Linea's posts in any Empathy threads many of those will have a post with builds included, then tweak to taste. 

And I (as well as others) would be happy to take a look if you post a potential or existing build as well.  

Edit:  See "The Modern Empathy Defender" posted by Lady War currently page 2 I believe @Linea had some build posted there.

@Crossiepassed in the mail, see above

Edited by Doomguide2005

10 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

They can all work.  Fire for raw damage, Sonic for the resist debuffs, Psychic is generally poorly resisted, Radiation, Ice and Dark take a lot of procs, etc., etc.. Take a look around for some on Linea's posts in any Empathy threads many of those will have a post with builds included, then tweak to taste. 

And I (as well as others) would be happy to take a look if you post a potential or existing build as well.  

How do I look up Linea's posts?

On live, my main was an Emp/Electric. Was fantastic back then. On Homecoming, I went Emp/Radiation and have not regretted it. Rad has fantastic debuffs (esp. with Def modifiers).  So imo, Emp/Rad is a fantastic buff/debuff combo if you want Emp as a primary.

Global: @Renatos

Main Defenders on Everlasting:

Liza Frost - Lv.50 Cold/Ice; Tara Sonara - Lv.50 Nature/Sonic; Voice of Gaia - Lv.50 Sonic/Sonic; Tenebrous Tide - Lv.50 Dark/Water; Elloria Neutrina - Lv.50 Empathy/Radiation;

Hailblast - Lv.50 Storm/Storm; Elektra Cross - Lv.50 Electric/Electric; Agent Sureshot - Lv.50 Trick Arrow/Electric; Agent Blayze - Lv.46 Thermal/Fire; Twilight Servant - Lv.42 Time/Dark; Commander Trax - Lv.29 Traps/Beam Rifle

21 hours ago, Crossie said:

How do I look up Linea's posts?

This is probably what he's referring to:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/20405-the-modern-empathy-defender/#comment-232003

• Thumbs Up 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

3 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

I honestly don't think any one set is "best", or pairs better with Empathy than another. It's all just flavor and what kind of secondary effects you want.

I tend to agree, though for a while around I kept seeing some folks saying that if you were going to roll an Emp Def, then the only viable secondary to take was /Sonic so you'd be a team multiplier for -res. Which is valid if you're looking to min/max and do certain types of content where you need that sort of thing, but I'm sure for other types of play, just about any secondary is fine depending on your concept and what you want to do.

I opted to go /Seismic on mine for concept and the KD effects.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

11 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

I honestly don't think any one set is "best", or pairs better with Empathy than another. It's all just flavor and what kind of secondary effects you want.

Lot of truth in this statement.  I think that's at least in part do to the nature of Empathy's buff.  They're kind of all over and mostly don't provide more of anything a blast set offers.  Unlike Dark Miasma with Dark Blast, FF with Dark Blast, or Sonic with Sonic for more resist debuff .  No blast set offers more healing really outside of a single power.. Or boosts regen, recovery or recharge or anything else Empathy buffs.

• Thumbs Up 1