Dual Blades -which attacks to skip?

Psyonico

Hey there, so I have a pair of DB/Invulnerable toons in their 20s (a brute and a tank) and I'm stuck on their builds.  I have been told to "ignore combos and just go for the best attacks". However, I don't know what those attacks are.

So, my question is simple, for these toons, what Dual Blades attacks are considered skippable?

Thanks!

What this team needs is more Defenders

That's a loaded question. The answer at least IMO requires a degree of recharge investment to ensure a fluid rotation. Some people use blinding feint, ablating strike, sweeping strike, ablating strike. With more recharge you could go blinding feint, sweeping strike, ablating strike, and back to blinding feint and repeat.

It all depends on what you're trying to get out of it. I personally like some of the combos.

I guess the question boils down to "are any of the attacks real stinkers?"  Right now both of my very old planned builds have all 9 powers from DB, which causes issues with eating up slots where they could be better put.

What this team needs is more Defenders

Yes, there are attacks that are real stinkers.

Both the T1 and T2 (Nimble Slash and Power Slice) are both pretty bottom-tier in terms of ST damage for T1s/T2s.

Vengeful Slice is unforgivably bad, I don't know why it's so terrible.  It is somehow lower DPA than the T1/T2, and over time at that.  You do get guaranteed knockdown.

One Thousand Cuts is pretty bad too, and it has one of those "just walk away from the computer and make yourself a drink" animation times.

Typhoon's Edge is an uninspiring PBAoE, but it is a PBAoE and people tend to like those.

Really, a lot of the reason why people land on Blinding Feint, Sweeping Strike, and Ablating Strike is: Those Are The Three Good Attacks In Dual Blades.

Call me crazy but despite it's long animation, 1,000 cuts being a 90degree 10 target cone is pretty solid. Frankenslot that thing with acc/dmg x3, 2 procs, and a FF proc and you're sitting on a solid skill for what it is, just an aoe. Would this work in a single chain? Goodness no, but that's what Sweeping is for.

• 2 weeks later